As Gavin is about to turn a year old, I wanted to get some pictures of him. Living on a very strict and tight budget, I had no money to pay for a photographer. Thus, I took on the task myself. I just have a regular sony digital camera {what I think they call just a point and shoot?}. I really like my camera for what I need it for. I know nothing about photography, cameras, or editing. I just went with what I thought looked alright. I also just use a free editing program. I don't have a fancy editing program, because 1-I'm not a photographer. 2-I doubt I would know how to properly use it. And 3-I would rather spend what little spending money I have, elsewhere. :)
For the set up; I used just a thin blanket we have that is a light blue, hung up in Gavin's room {where I thought we would get the best lighting in the house}. I wanted to take pictures of him and his favorite things. His favorite toy, and books. The lighting was okay, but I just think my camera {and probably all cameras, but it's really obvious with mine} takes better pictures outside.
So, now that you know, that I know, that these clearly aren't professional, let's just look at the pictures with no judging ;)
These first two I tried on a day that Spencer was at work. It wasn't easy trying to get gavin to stay put {ish} and take a picture. That is why we only ended up with two that I wanted to attempt to edit.
So, I wanted to give it another try when Spencer would be around to help.
The chalkboard is something I made a while ago, but recently sprayed with chalkboard paint. I haven't really put it to good use. But, it was the only thing we really had that I could use for chalkboard writing in the background.
His shirt is a little worn haha. the tie is a clip-on tie that is for a church outfit his grandma gave him for when he gets older. What I'm getting at is, these pictures don't have all of the perfect elements we see all the time these days, but heck he is still dang cute!! And that is why I am putting it on my blog!
I LOVE that bear. I just bought it as an addition to the boys' room. I think I will use it for baby2's monthly pictures. And Gavin likes it too :)
He loves his elephant! If the elephant is in the room with Gavin, Gavin has to make sure that the elephant is constantly playing music.
One of his favorite books, "There's a Wocket In My Pocket!" by Dr. Seuss.
It was definitely a test of my patience to take these pictures. Gavin just didn't cooperate most of the time. He is just SO busy. We might try ONE MORE TIME of taking his birthday pics, but outside somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love these! They look so good! You have inspired me to get a camera and not waste money on photographers! They can be so darn expensive!
On a side note I cannot believe he is already 1!!
When I saw these on FB I thought you had someone do them for you. They look great! Great job Kell! He is so adorable and you are an amazing mom!
Post a Comment