Thursday, August 2, 2012

25 Weeks

Being pregnant this time around has been a lot like the last. Not too many difficult symptoms, and healthy progression. I'm very grateful for that.

I feel HuGe. I think I'm probably the size I was with Gav at 33 weeks. Ugh. Not my kind of self-esteem booster.

I had an appt. the other day. My sister and I scheduled our appointments close together so we could ride together {thanks again Amy!}. I was given the news that at my next appt I would have to do the glucose test. Yay... And everything looks good and normal and on track. Amy is about 7 weeks ahead of me, and they were going to peek at her baby on the ultrasound. It was so fun to see my nephew! He has some chubby cheeks, and was so active. They also did me the favor of looking at our little one.

He was also very active. Nice and stretched out. Seriously. His legs were extended as far as he could get them, and then he had his head tilted back with his neck all stretched out. It's like he knows he needs to enjoy the space now, because it isn't going to last much longer.

We tried to get a good profile picture, but he wouldn't hold still long enough for it.

So we got some of his legs and feet.


He is definitely getting stronger and more active! He moves all of the time I swear, and sometimes his kicks are so hard and random that it almost makes me jump from surprise! It is my favorite thing about being able to be pregnant. I love the feeling of them moving.

Random fact: Did you know that mustard yellow actually makes you look really large? Yep. Proof is in this picture.
My belly button is poking waay out. It never went all the way in after Gavin, and I don't think it ever will again.

I still haven't had anyone ask me about my pregnancy. Well, I guess people in the ward have, but strangers haven't. Whereas with Gav, it happened ALL THE TIME. I wonder if it's because I'm already carrying a baby in my arms, so they figure that my huge tummy is just left overs from him. Haha.

I've always been a pretty emotional girl. Spencer has helped me to not always act on emotions or get worked up all the time. It still happens though. And especially when I'm pregnant. I definitely feel the hormonal roller coaster this pregnancy. A lot of it is me just not putting up with anyone's offensive comments; either I will say something to rebuttle their comment or I will care too much about their thoughtless comment. Which means a more blunt side has also been at the surface of my emotions. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. So, sorry if you have been unfortunate enough to encounter my pregnant-ness. I promise it's not because I don't like you! Hormones are pretty impossible to control.

We've discussed a few names for this baby. Tanner and Luke are kind of the top two for right now. We're not making a decision til closer to the due date. We'll see, I guess!

Getting excited-though still not too anxious for his arrival. We are looking forward to it for sure though. Can't believe I'm going to be a mom of 2 BOYS! :)

1 comment:

Chelsie Jensen said...

You look fabulous! I know being pregnant is not all that glamorous, but really you look good. I agree that pregnancy emotions are insane and I get blunt too. Yay for 2 boys and no more binki/bottle. We will be there soon too! just with the bottle though.