Oh Gavin. Such a little character you are.
Gavin has 2 teeth on bottom, and we think one is coming in on top.
He says mama, dada, ba, da, ga, nana, ba-ba, ha, huh, duh, etc. I think he knows what mama and dada means, because sometimes he will say mama when he wants me, and he'll say dada when he wants Spencer or when he hears Spencer talk in the other room. It's hard to know for sure right now.
He can walk while holding onto furniture.
He knows how to turn off the lights. I taught him one day, and now whenever we walk out of the room, and pass the light switch, he wants to turn off the lights. It's fun to see his little finger try to zero in on that light switch.
He claps! I have been waiting for him to clap for a while, and he finally does, and it's so fun!
He will sometimes respond to me when I say, "Can I have kisses?". He'll lean in with his mouth wide open, endure my kiss on his cute little lips, and then he'll turn away, and basically rub his whole face like he's trying to wipe off my kiss :( haha.
He sleeps from about 8 or 8:30 pm til 7:00 am. It's pretty much right on the dot at 7:00 every morning. Sometimes he will still wake up in the night for little bit, but otherwise does well to go back to sleep or sleep all night.
{does he not look so much like Spencer in this picture? So handsome}
He is learning to tease a little bit. It makes play time with him a lot of fun for me, because it's less of me just laughing at him, we're laughing together. haha
He climbs over everything! If he is headed somewhere, he will purposefully choose the hardest route. I am not sure why. For example, I was doing laundry one day, and walking in and out of bedrooms. He did his best to keep up with me. There was PLENTY of empty space next to the washer and dryer, but where does he decide to go? Over the full laundry basket when he could have very EASILY gone around it, and then he gets stuck and cries. So silly.
He will go to anybody. He's very friendly, and trusts just about everyone. Strangers will come up to us, and talk to him, and he'll just reach out for them. They take him, because they're nice, and he's hard to resist. But then they don't know how long is too long to hold him, and I don't want to make them feel bad by taking him from them. So we all just end up just looking at Gavin with awkward little laughs until Gavin decides he wants me back. I'm not sure what to do about that one. He definitely has some learning to do about strangers.
I've started sharing some of the food I eat, with him. He likes basically everything, and now expects me to share everytime I eat anything. He grunts non-stop until I give in. I don't give in on everything though. It's crazy to me that in just 2 months, he will be completely on table food!
When he is getting close to nap time {I point that out, because he gets ornery close to nap time}, and if I walk out of the room, he will follow me, and I hear, "mama na ga na ga ba...." you get the idea. He pretty much is whining and lecturing me as I walk out of the room, and he is crawling behind me talking jibberish. It always makes me laugh.
He's learning how to use his sippy cup, because once we hit a year, goodbye bottle and binki. You better believe I'm not looking forward to it.
He now shakes his head "no" whenever we do. He also shakes his head "no" when we nod our head "yes".
Church is not fun for him. It's right during nap time, and there are too many things going on for him to calm down and stay asleep. It makes for a restless and fussy little guy. So yeah, church isn't that fun for me right now either haha.
Happy 10 months little man! xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It is so crazy how much they change in just a month. Parker can't clap yet either. But it seems like he is always right behind Gavin. Sounds like Gavin is getting quite the personality. How fun! Parker still isn't sleeping thru the night. I have tried crying it out and all the jazz and he is just a stubborn little thing. I figure when he hits a year we will get really tough! Miss ya!
Wow, he is 10 months already, he is getting so big! and yes he totally looks so much like Spencer, such a handsome little boy, and congrats on expecting another little boy, so exciting!
Post a Comment