Wednesday, June 6, 2012

17 Weeks and It's A Boy!

Here I am at 12 weeks: {It was hard for me to get used to that look on myself}

Here I am at 17 weeks: {So I changed it. And yes I know I look like I just rolled out of bed. Truth is, I had been ready for bed since I woke up that morning. This was taken at 11:00 pm. I'll do my best to be dressed in real clothes for other shots though I can't promise anything}

We go to the same Dr my sister does. When she was round 16 or 17 weeks, they had peeked to see what the baby's gender is {she's also having a boy!}. We were hoping they'd do that at my appt as well, because Spencer won't be at the 20 week appt. Well they did, and we didn't even have to ask! She pulled me back there right when we arrived, and I was so relieved she did.

I was also expecting her to say it was a girl! I am not sure why I was so set that this one was a girl. We would have been thrilled with either one of course, but I have only been thinking of girl names. Anyway, it was obviously a boy, and we are SOO excited! And yes, I'm totally going to be that mom that dresses her two boys in alike outfits.

Our little dude:

It will be interesting to see the differences between baby#2 and Gavin. Their personality differences, and growth differences. For some reason, I am SO relieved that it's a boy and not a girl. I'm less nervous and stressed. I am not sure if that's because we already have a boy so another one doesn't seem way different, or what the reason is. The fact that I'll have a newborn and a 15 month old still doesn't change, but I'm just not as nervous! In fact, I'm really, very excited! Oh, and I'm not saying that I don't want a girl, or didn't want a girl. I still want to have a baby girl someday {not anytime in the near future after this baby is born though}.
It will also be fun for Gavin to have a little friend to play with {and vice versa} at any given time. We're also glad, because then we don't have to go out and buy a bunch of new clothes. Their birthday's are in different seasons, but there are still plenty of things this baby can wear of Gavin's. That's a big relief.
And this picture is just fun. My little man is so cuddly. He will cuddle with me at almost any given moment, and I just love it. He's going to be an awesome big brother, because I think he has a big heart. I'm so blessed.

5 comments:

Chelsie Jensen said...

You look fabulous!! I still can't believe you are prego again. it seems like we were just talking about being preggo together with gavin and parker. Time goes by too fast. Yay for another boy :)

Dallin and Hannah Ball said...

Congrats Kelli!! thats so exciting! :) you will be such a great mom of 2 boys, and I would totally dress them matching or coordinating as well!

gabeandalecia said...

soooo super extremely excited for you guys!!! You look great and hope you are feeling just the same. Love you!

Unknown said...

Omg I can't even imagine being pregnant again right now!! You're a much better person than me and lots braver! I'd be crying every day I think... You look gorgeous though! I want to squeeze that little belly of yours. Congrats Kel, you're a fabulous mama! Love the last pic by the way... SO cute.

The Harrison's said...

I am so excited that your pregnant again! You are such a good mommy. I do have to admit i'm not sure I could have two kids so close together but it will be so fun i'm sure! You look gorgeous! Congrats again!