Monday, April 30, 2012

Fish Lake Trip #47689239

We decided we needed a little getaway. The only getaway we can afford is Fish Lake. His parents have a cabin there, and so it's really cheap for us to take a few days to go down there. Hence the title of this post. I feel like I post about Fish Lake a lot during the summer months. It's cause we go there a lot. We love it there. Especially Spencer. I like it a lot too. Someday though, it will be nice to have a real vacation haha. Fish Lake is great though!

Anyway, we took our fishing poles, and headed down there. I knew it was going to be cold, but it was a lot colder than I expected! Mostly just Saturday though. The wind was awful! So freezing, and I'm a whimp when it comes to the cold. Gavin didn't like it much either. We had his play pen out there on the bank with a blanket it to block the wind, and that did a pretty good job. Good enough for him to take a nap so mom could get some fishing in! Sunday's weather was much nicer. Next to no wind, and it wasn't too cold either. Warm enough, I felt okay about letting Gav play on the blanket.



The fishing was alright. We both prefer to fish from a boat, but we thought the ice was still going to be on while we were there so we didn't worry about a boat. Shore fishing was still fun though. We only got itty bitty ones. This one I caught was the biggest. It's a 1-pounder! Woo hoo!

Spencer caught the next one. His was smaller than mine. Mwahaha. ;)

Haha He was so cute bundled up, I had to take a pic. His cheeks are humungo as it is, but bundled up and smiling they are REALLY chubby. Love my little chubbers.

Our last catch of the day.

We let him touch it.

Family pic in front of the beautiful scenery!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Aw, what a cute little family. I love Gavin's chubby cheeks...so adorable! It's nice that you were able to get away for a few days. Hopefully next time it will be a little warmer. =)