Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

I think basically any holiday is my favorite holiday, because it's a break from the everyday stuff. Naturally, I was looking forward to Easter.

In year's past, Spencer and I have done nothing to celebrate Easter besides hanging with the family. Since we have a child this year, I wanted to start some traditions. Like coloring eggs! Well, We started to color them kind of late, and Gav was just so tired and ornery that we ended up putting him to bed after egg #1. It was fun for Spencer and I though.

 


Sideways... Sorry.

 Boy or Girl?

Our 11 colored eggs. #12 fought a good fight, but did not make it out of the boiling pot.


One tradition that my family always did was roll our colored eggs down a hill. Usually, we did it in Emery somewhere while visiting my grandma with all of the cousins. Miss those days. While Spencer and I were dating, we learned that both of our families did this tradition as we did not know many who did. We were excited about that. So this year, we took Gavin. To a park {it was not a suitable hill for rolling colored eggs, but we really had no other choice}.

It was a windy day, and the eggs would roll down the hill, but didn't crack whatsoever. Lucky for me, because I had been craving boiled eggs with some salt and pepper. I brought the salt and pepper to the park just in case. My craving was satisfied, and now they sound disgusting.


This is one of the eggs Spencer colored. Funny story behind it. Not sure if I've mentioned it before so I'll just say it again. Spencer's dad was teasing Brock about not asking a girl out. He said, "What are you chicken? Quack! Quack!" Classic for sure.



Gavin climbing all over dad.


Easter morning, we learned that the Easter bunny did indeed bring some goodies. A new swimming suit, church outfit {it was tradition for our family to get a new church outfit on Easter}, and toys for Gavin! The Easter bunny was also kind enough to leave some candy for Spence and I.

After the excitement of that, we watched, "The Testament". Great movie to remind of us of the real reason of Easter. Then we got ready for our 1:00 church. Yippee. It's really not bad, but not my favorite. Church was great, and we have a new couple friend, and they are nice.

After church we headed over to grandma and grandpa Bunderson's for Easter festivities with all of Gavin's cousins. First we ate a yummy dinner. Ham, salads, rolls, deviled eggs, and a yummy punch.
After dinner it was time for all of the kids to do their Easter egg hunt in the backyard. Gavin didn't participate obviously, because he can't have candy, and I felt it pointless for him to gather up eggs that will only put weight on his parents' thighs.

Sadly, I didn't get many pictures at gma and gpa's house. Just this one. But it's a great one, so that is sweet. Grandma Bunderson and Gavin.


Gavin in his new church outfit. It might be hard to tell, but his outfit is pretty big {like size 12-18 months big), but a few little rolls here and there makes it look alright. It was on sale for a great price too. His shoes are probably the biggest on him. At least he'll have a church outfit to wear for quite sometime though! Such a little cutie. Love him.


 I'm so grateful for the Savior, and all he did and does for us. Hope you all had a great Easter.

No comments: