Tuesday, April 10, 2012

8 Months


8 months. I get more sad everytime I post one of these monthly spotlights of him. Time goes too fast. I am looking forward to a lot of things that are to come with him, but it is still sad that he is becoming less and less of a baby. Okay enough of that.

-He's huge. Don't know his measurements, but he seems huge.

-He is a talker! Babbles all of the time. It is so cute. And I love watching his little mouth move when he tries to talk, because it just looks so funny.

-Still not crawling. He will get onto his hands and knees by himself, but doesn't ever move forward. He scoots side to side, in a circle, and backwards, but never forward. Maybe by next month he'll be crawling.

-Spoiled little stinker. He does not like to play by himself. I don't know if it's a stage he's going through, or if I have just spoiled him rotten. I can't ever walk out of the room without him throwing a fit. It has to stop. I do not want spoiled children attached to my hip.


-Lately he will only sleep on his tummy. Everytime I check on him while he is napping, he is in some other odd position. This is one I got a picture of.
 -Sometimes he'll be napping, then he'll stir a little bit, then cry. I go in and his arm or leg is through the bars of the crib. Like he's stuck. But he's not actually stuck. I think he just knows that someone will come in. Clever bugger.

-He has really started to love to read books with me. I do my best to read to him everyday, and he pays close attention now. We will read 4 or 5 books, and he won't make a move. He'll just look at the pictures and listen. Favorite part of the day for me.
-His eczema is such a pain. Poor kid is so itchy all the time. I hope he doesn't have it for the rest of his life, but with how bad it is, I have a feeling he will :(

-He doesn't know it yet, but he's excited for summer! Swimming, fishing, camp fires, sliding down the slide at the park... Oh yeah. He can't wait!

Happy 8 months little man! We love you sooo much!!

1 comment:

Chelsie Jensen said...

cute boy! so sad they are growing up! Park has been sleeping on his tummy lately too. And he gets on his hands and knees too. We need to get them together to play!