Spencer:
- Is getting closer to finishing his first year of Pharmacy school. Sometimes it is still quite the challenge for me to wrap my head around that. Pharmacy school was just something we talked about! We are almost 1/3 of the way done! He works so hard, I'm very proud of him.
- He is also getting a little burned out. He studies a ton. Even though he will get a 3 day weekend when he passes his tests that are every 2 weeks, he still has a gagillion things to do over that weekend, so he doesn't really get breaks. Though I imagine that's about how any graduate school is.
- He escapes the real world through fantasizing about hunting. Also through buying and selling guns for a profit, shed hunting, and making plans for me to shoot my first deer {which he says he would be more excited about than shooting a deer for himself}.
- He wears these "ear muff" things that are to protect your ears from going deaf while you are shooting guns. He wears them when he studies haha. So he can really focus on what he's reading. I can see that. I can also see him wearing them so I don't bring up random topics to him when he needs to focus haha.
- Really wants to go to Fish Lake to catch a big one. As soon as the ice comes off, he wants us to head up there, because that is when the big fish come up closer to the surface more often, and are really hungry. A better chance to catch a biggin'.
- Still wears the clothes he wore in high school {he graduated 8 years ago}. He says he doesn't need new clothes. He looks fine in what he has, and quite frankly could care less what his fashion statement is. Fine. By. Me. Seriously.
- Loves his little man so much, and is seriously a cute dad. Gavin looks up to him already, I can only imagine how much more he will as he gets older.
- Is a little nervous, and not really ready for baby #2. He knows he will love this baby so much, but is still getting used to the idea. He kind of hopes it's another boy, but will be fine with either one of course.
Me:
- I am home with Gavin all day everyday. It is a little boring sometimes. That's probably why I bombard Spencer with random topics at every chance I get. I have no other social interaction, and it's so nice when he finally comes home. Don't get me wrong, I know this is what I want to do, and where I should be, but just as any day-in and day-out situation is, it's nice to have things to look forward to.
- I have been reading this book, "Matched" by Allie Condie. I really like it. I'm about 2/3 of the way through. It is a series, and my sister has them all, so I will be borrowing them from her. If you are looking for a book to read, I would recommend this one. It is also kind of about government control, like Hunger Games. In a different way though.
- Speaking of sisters, I have some pretty amazing ones. Just one example, my sister Amy is pregnant {2 months ahead of me, and having a boy!}, and I will be seeing the same doctor as her. The one downside to this doctor is, his office is kind of a ways away. Spencer has the car with him at school, and I have the truck, but we just can't drive it often, because it is a gas guzzler. My sweet sister has offered to drive me to my appointments! I tried to tell her I'd be okay, but she was insistent. Well, to make it easier, and to save money on her end, we are going to schedule our appointments together so we can carpool. See? She's amazing. And I have 5 more just like her. So darn lucky.
- I have been way more sick with this baby than I ever was with Gavin. Not my favorite, but it gives me reassurance that things are going well.
- Even though I live within 5 minutes {literally} of all of my family members {except my cute sister in Roosevelt}, I still don't see them as often as I would like. Life is busy for everyone. Stop it life. Let us have some leisure time with our big family.
- Conference hit me square in the heart several times. One of the most life-changing conference's for me yet. And it's only been a week and a half {that just means I have a looong ways to go}. I love this gospel.
- I want mommy friends to do things with. Like superly bad.
Gavin: I know I just posted about him yesterday, but I still have things to say...
- Yesterday I said he is still not crawling. That changed today. Today he began to crawl, but it has only been backwards. It is pretty funny. I tried helping him figure it out, but he's on his own with this one. His body is just way too confused in what direction it wants to go. His face says, I want to go forward, his body is rebellious.
- Ev.ry.time. Spencer picks Gavin up, Gavin plays with Spencer's ears. He has even given him some wet-willey's. Spencer does his best to turn his head every which way, but Gavin always finds a way to grab those ears.
- Gavin also loves to be on Spencer's shoulders. He slaps Spencer on the head with excitment, kicks his feet in Spencer's face with excitment, and pulls Spencer's hair with excitement. It is quite the show.
- He and I have this game where he sits on my lap with his back to me. I go to one side of his face and whisper, "Gavin". Over and over. He knows I'm playing a game so he will continue to look forward with a smile, and then whenever he decides he'll turn to me and shove his face into mine. Then I do the other side and repeat. It is fun :)
3 comments:
Oh, I care! I love hearing these updates! :)
Me too, me too!
I'm not a mommy, but I"ll hang out with you and Gavin...
Love reading your blog. Your family is super cute.
Post a Comment