Saturday, April 7, 2012

April Fool's Or Not? That Is The Question

Conference weekend we spent in Nephi with Spencer's family. As you probably know, during conference weekend, was also April Fool's. Well, Spencer and I had quite the April Fool's idea. We were going to announce our pregnancy! Here is why it would be perfect: April Fool's is the day that everybody 'announces' that they are pregnant. Turns out, it was all a fake! Well, nobody was expecting us to come out and say we are pregnant. I mean, hello! We have a 7 {almost 8} month old! So of course nobody would believe us when we told them on APRIL FOOL'S that we are pregnant.

First up, Spencer's family. We were all sitting to eat breakfast. Spencer brought up a story of a funny face Gavin was making, and how he took a picture. He said, "Look, here is the picture. It is so funny." So then he showed it to his parents. Took them a minute, then they looked at me, his dad said, "Congratulations!" He mom said, "Really?" Then Katie said, "April Fool's!" Then everybody was like, ah dang. Then they went back and forth of is it true or not? Well, is it true?



Next up, my family. We headed back home from Nephi, but of course stopped at my parent's house to give the announcement. We watched the last session of conference with my family. Then we chatted a little bit. I left the room for a second, then came back in and said, "Mom, dad, you guys should see this picture of Gavin." I then handed it to my mom. She had to kind of adjust her vision by leaning back some, then she whipped right around and looked at me. "Are you serious? Seriously?" Then my dad says, "April Fool's!" Then my mom, throws the picture down on the coffee table haha. Then she asks me again, "Kelli tell me if you are serious or not." I just sat there laughing for a minute. As the day went on, I told the rest of my family. And each and every one of them fell for the April Fool's. They all believed it was an April Fool's joke. For some time, most of my older siblings didn't believe me (possibly some still don't).

If you find yourself asking, "Is it true?!" The answer is.... ..... ...... It.... is...... True! We are pregnant!

Here is the story: For a little while, Spencer and I contemplated about getting pregnant when Gavin was six months. At the earliest. I know, that sounds a little crazy. Fact is though, we know these precious little beings are such a blessing. But! When it really came down to it, we decided we were going to wait until summer, and then re-evaluate at that time. We just were not ready! It was about when Gavin was 5 months that we decided this. I would go back and forth at times, but like I said when it came down to it, I just wasn't ready. I felt like I just got done being pregnant for heaven's sake {which I did!} I wasn't ready to feel limited again. I wanted to enjoy my summer without having to be paranoid about doing too much or whatever {plus, I just bought a new swimming suit I was excited about}.

Well much to our dismay, we got pregnant anyway. When he was six months! This may get a little personal. I never did get back on birth control after I had Gavin. While I was on birth control, I felt like I could never control my emotions, and my skin was always a mess, and I just didn't feel like myself. So, we both agreed to just use an alternative. We were faithful in doing so, but skipped just once. And guess what happened?
Anyway, we are very nervous. They will only be 15 months apart. A lot of unknowns. Some people claim that it is worse than having twins. Well, I don't want to look at it in that light. The fact is, this baby is going to be just as precious, and we will make it work. We know we are so blessed to have another sweetie coming into our lives. I am going to be very busy, and there will probably be days where I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off, but I also know that this is the Lord's way. He will help us, and guide us. We are so blessed, and are actually excited {Spencer included, and he refused to talk about it for the first week, because it was so unexpected! Haha}

I'm due November 18th. I will be 8 weeks tomorrow. I have had just about every pregnancy symptom from being emotional, tired, to morning sickness {which I didn't get hardly at all with Gavin}. I haven't puked yet, but have come very close. And my belly has become a pouch already...

5 comments:

Amanda Bolton said...

Kell I am so excited for you!!! Yay to lots of new babies this year :)

The Imels said...

Congrats lady! That is so exciting! And what a gun way to announce it!

Brooke said...

So wonderful! :) Yippee!!!

The Harrison's said...

Oh my goodness!! You definitely will have your hands full but they will be the best of friends! Congratulations!!

Chelsie Jensen said...

What an awesome way to tell your family! I laughed. I hope you don't get full blown morning sickness.. that is no fun. I'm so excited for you! You are a great little mommy :)