First, it just wasn't going to be a girl's night out without food! That would just be insanity. We headed over to Denny's. I didn't eat dinner earlier that night, because I knew we would head over there, and I wanted a meal! Some of us just ordered a shake, some of us ordered some cinnamon puff balls {or whatever they are officially called}, and some of us ordered a meal {and mine was tasty!}. I had been yawning all night, and was worried, because I didn't want to get too sleepy to watch the movie! We had some dang funny conversations over our Denny's food. And when we laugh {it is hilarious in and of itself}, we all rock back and forth with our mouths in these massive smiles, and then not much sound coming out besides a little squeak here, or a "hahhhh" {breathy} sound there. Oh it was good times.
Then off to the theatre we went. There were all sorts of characters there. Some dressed as Katniss, Peeta, Effie, Haymitch, Capitol People... It was fun to see all of their creativity.
Back row: Mom, my sister Amy, my sister-in-law Tami, my little sister Cami, my sister Heather
Front row: Me, my sister Heidi {we joked that we were old ladies, because we sat in the chairs}
FYI: My parents have ten children. No twins, no adopted siblings, no mixed families. All of the kids came from my one mom and my one dad. Thus, I have 5 sisters, and two older brothers who have awesome wives, and it is so great.{I have two younger brothers too, who are not married, and they are great too} I'm blessed.My opinion of the movie{I am no critic}: Of course it isn't exactly like the book, because detail will always be left out when a book is made into a movie. That being said, I really liked it. It is disturbing, just as the book is, but it is also intense like the book, and I loved that about it. In some ways I like the book better, but in other ways, I like the movie better. The acting was pretty great. I LOVED Ceasar Flickerman, and Haymitch. They were so entertaining. PLEASE, please do NOT compare The Hunger Games to Twilight. They are completely different in EVERY. SINGLE. WAY. and should not be compared. I don't want The Hunger Games to be ruined the way Twilight was. In the end, if you have not read the book, this is still a good movie if you don't mind things to be a little disturbing. If you have read the book, expect that it will be disturbing like the book.
Summary of my sisters' opinions: It was a little disturbing. Don't think I want my daughter to see it. I thought they did a good job with picking the characters. It was sad, and I cried. I was blubbering throughout the whole movie. I liked it. I thought dad would enjoy it, but I don't think he will... {That's all I remember them saying about it}
Okay, the word disturbing was used a lot in those two paragraphs. If that worries you, then I don't recommend seeing the movie.
Also... I'm excited for "The Host" movie to come out! It is based off of a book by Stephanie Myers {author of Twilight}, and it is a good book {nothing at all like twilight}! If you have not read it, you should. It is a little hard to get into, but worth it in the end. Yay for books made into movies!

No comments:
Post a Comment