We have so much to be grateful for. Spencer's parents helped us out so much while we lived with them, and they were always SO willing to do whatever we needed. They told us time and time again we could stay there as long as we needed. As great as it was living with them, and all of their help, it was time for us to have our own place again, and especially for Spencer to be closer to school.
We moved the first weekend of March. It went smoothly. Everything was packed and ready to go the night before.Spencer's brother helped load the trailer the night before, and then he and a bunch of my family members came to help us unload it at our new place. It took about 15 minutes to get everything in the house with all of the help we had. It was great! I gave them all a loaf of homemade bread. Yes, I made it. Crazy right? This house has just sparked something in me.
The house is so spacious compare to what we are used to! It has an upstairs and a mainfloor. 3 bed and 2.5 bath. One bedroom, the homeowners {my friend} is using for storage, but we have the other two bedrooms. The kitchen is great. It has more than enough space for all of our stuff. So it has been fun cooking in there {surprisingly I have enjoyed every bit of cooking this week that we have lived here. It just goes to show what a nice and spacious kitchen can do to a person's willingness to cook.} It has me motivated to constantly be doing something housewife/mommy related. I have loved it. We haven't had internet, and we won't be getting T.V. so I have just loved trying to find something to keep me busy instead of defaulting to the internet or T.V. We will have to get internet though for Spencer's schooling, but I hope to stay off of it for the most part. I hope I am on my way to being the homemaker I've always wanted to be.
Everything is unpacked. Gavin's room is all put together! He finally has his own nursery. {I will post about that sometime later} The rest of the house feels like home now that our stuff is in their place. Most of the walls are bare. I hope to conjure up some cheap home decorating projects from Pinterest sometime in the near future.
It's a great area where we are at. We are actually worried about renting this house, because it is so nice to have so much space and a place for all of our stuff instead of everything shoved in the second bedroom or the second bedroom closet. We will definitely enjoy living here for a year {possibly longer}.
Right now I am at my parent's house spending the night. My cute husband is out hunting for sheds {no ladies, not a shed that you store your lawnmower in. A deer shed. A.K.A a deer's fallen antler. Or an elk's} with his dad and brother. I don't mind spending the night alone. I did it in our Cedar apartment all of the time. But that apt. was a lot smaller than where we are now. I just didn't want to go crazy thinking of all of these ridiculous scenarios happening {like my child getting kidnapped :/}.
I am still planning on posting my "photo-a-day" thingy, but it may be a few days. In case you were losing sleep by not knowing whether I was or wasn't.
Things are good. We are happy with our new home. And maybe I'll post pictures? Or maybe just picture of the projects I do for the house. I do not know.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YES. YOU MUST POST PICTURES. OF EVERYTHING.
Post a Comment