No, this post is not about cutting out paper hearts, and taping them to someone's door then calling it a "heart attack". Nor is it about someone actually having a heart attack. But I was close. You'll see what I mean.
Tuesday and Thursday nights I go to Zumba, and Spence watches Gav. Well about twenty minutes before I was to leave, I gave Gavin a bottle, laid him on the floor in the living room where Spencer was studying (he can feed himself the bottle). I then went into our bedroom to get changed and pull my hair up. Spencer came into the room to tell me something real quick. Like it was seriously a two sentenced comment. He left to go back to where Gav was eating his bottle. Then I hear Spencer say, "What the heck?!" Thinking it was probably something on T.V. He starts walking down the hall, and he's like, "Uh, I don't know if you want to see this..." That made me think that Gav had a blow-out or something. He turns the corner holding Gavin. Gavin's face is bloody! It was all over his hand, his bottle, his shirt. He wasn't crying, didn't cry at all while he was eating or anything!
It was his dang eczema!!
Happy as a clam. His poor skin :(
His face (try as I may, it is never fully moisturized, and depending on the weather, it doesn't matter how much stuff I put on it) was pretty scaley that day. I have to clip his fingernails like every two days because he scratches his skin a lot. That's what happened here. Because his skin was so thin, it didn't take much scratching to get it to bleed, or to even cut deep. Mind you, his nails were cut like seriously two days ago. Poor baby :(
Luckily, his eczema doesn't make him an unhappy baby. He just scratches a lot, but seems to be okay. I am anxious for summer to get here so his skin will hopefully do a lot better.
4 comments:
That is so sad! Poor Gavin! That would be so scary to walk into a room to see your baby with blood on him! Glad he is ok, and hope that darn eczema gets better with age!
Poor little guy! I am sure you have tried everything on it but I had a kid that had eczema too and the only thing that worked for us was Lanolin. It is the same stuff that they give to nursing mothers to help with cracked bleeding skin. I love Lanolin and still use it on the kiddos
That is way creepy, but I'm glad its just the eczema! He still is just the cutest! :)
Poor little guy.. That would have freaked me out too.
Post a Comment