Thursday, February 2, 2012

FREE DAY!

It was "Free Day" at Hogle Zoo! I called my friend Adrie up, and we made plans to head to the zoo with our babes.
After we had made plans, I started the bad day-dreaming deal. Maybe you know what I'm talking about... I started imagining someone kidnapping Gavin while we were at the zoo, and what I would do in that sitatuation to make sure he wasn't taken from us. So then I kind of panicked, and thought, "maybe I shouldn't go!" Adrie then called me as I was having these thoughts, and said her baby was acting sick, and thought she wouldn't be able to make it to the zoo the next day (whoa run-on, sorry). I then felt relieved I wouldn't have to worry if my thoughts were a warning, or just something my mind made up. Maybe an hour later, she called back and said she thought he was now acting fine, and thought we should give the zoo a try. I just decided to forget about my silly thoughts and have a good time at the zoo. Guess what. He wasn't kidnapped! PHEW!!!

I was a little worried that it would be too cold, but it ended up being just fine! Plus, I have a tough baby. He is awesome. He was awake the whole time, and was oblivious to most everything, but I think he enjoyed the stroller ride.


This guy decided to give us a show. There were a bunch of little families with their sweet faces pressed up against the glass, watching this huge animal. He then turned his butt towards us, bent over, and started peeing. Ca-lassic. 


My baby is about the size of an infant Ape. His arms are a little short. I just think he is the cutest thing. 


Gav was pretty happy all day, and I was grateful. Happy baby makes a happy mommy!


The Giraffe was the one animal Gavin really paid attention to. Just look at that chubber face. Love it.


I was trying to get a picture of him looking at the Giraffe. He saw me out of the corner of his eye, and I snapped this cute pic. Such a little stud. 


If you are curious what "free day" at the zoo is, there are I think 4 free days a year. The last one is in March sometime. It's on a wednesday. You may have to look at their website if you want to know, because I am unsure of the date. We got to see a lot of cool animals despite the fact that it is winter fyi. :)

1 comment:

gabeandalecia said...

That looks like you had such a fun day! I can't wait to have outings with my own little babe :)