Thursday, February 9, 2012

I Like To Move It, Move It

Good news! We have found ourselves a home closer to school!

It all started when I got my hair did. My good friend Samantha does my hair, and I was telling her that we were still looking for a place, but it's not been easy to find something we feel comfortable with that we can afford. She asked what we could afford, and I told her. Then she said, "Well I'll talk to my husband, because we have been thinking of renting out our house to save money. We have just been hesitant to rent it out to someone we don't know. Maybe we could rent out our house to you for the price you can afford, and since we know you, we would feel comfortable doing so." I really thought nothing of it. A house for heaven's sake, for the price of a really crappy two bedroom? It seemed highly unlikely to me. I told Spencer about it, but was pretty much counting on it not happening. It just seemed too good to be true.

Whaddya know? She got a hold of me some time later to see if Spencer and I could meet with her and her husband about it. When that day came, we met with them at their house (Which is super cute and nice!) to discuss details. They were so chill about it all. Basically, as long as their house was still in the shape they left it in, they were happy to rent it out to us. It would only be for a year, and that's what I wasn't sure about. This whole apt hunt has been stressful on me, and I don't really want to do it again in a year.

Long story short, we are going to do it! There are just a few minor details that need to be worked out with her HOA, but it sounds like everyone is feeling good about it! I asked her several times if she was sure about it, because they could definitely find a renter who would pay the full amount, but she has insisted that this is what they want to do. They'll move in with their in-laws for the year, and I told her if they want to kick us out for a weekend, I'll understand. I almost feel bad about it, because it's such a great deal for us! I don't want to keep beating a dead horse though and asking over and over if they are sure. So i'm going to do my best to be excited about it.

We'll be moving the first weekend of March. It will be so nice for Spencer to be close to his school, and it will be fun to be so close to my family.

We are so grateful for Samantha and Tyrell. This is such a great opportunity for us. We are so blessed to have great friends!

No comments: