Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Weight Loss-T!

First and foremost: I am not an expert at taking before and after pictures. As I'm not completely in the same postition for the before's and after's...

During my pregnancy I gained 27 pounds.
After I arrived home from the hospital from giving birth to Gavin, I had only lost 3 lbs.
What? Somehow it didn't make sense since a 7 lb baby was out of me along with all of his fluid.
Anyway by the time we had reached 6 weeks after Gavin's birthday, I was only 3 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight, and I hadn't done any exercising.

This is what I did to lose the weight I did:
Zumba Fitness 2x per week 1 hr. each
Didn't eat past 7 pm
Didn't snack
Cut portion sizes
Refrained from adding extra/no salt/butter to my foods
Refused sweets that I didn't "need" there are, in fact, times that I do indeed need my sweets.
That's it!
 I didn't want to change a lot about my lifestyle, because quite frankly I have tried it before, then I give up eating healthy along with exercising regularly. And I, no I'm not an expert, don't feel like my diet is too awful.
Plus! Zumba is super fun, and makes exercising exciting.
I am now 8 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight.
I lost it in 4 months. Slow, but successful.
I'm still not quite to where I want to be exactly, so I'm going to step up my exercising a little bit.

Before's and After's:
Off topic - Notice my hair roots in my before pictures and then the after pictures. Nope! I haven't gotten my hair done for almost 5 months now! Yikes! Also, in my after pictures, I had just gotten back from Zumba thus my greasy hair and red face. I know you'll love the pink socks.









Hehe



4 comments:

gabeandalecia said...

Ow ow! Hot mama :) good work kel, its great that you have that accomplishment!

Whitney said...

I'm so proud of you! You look amazing! I wish my weight loss had given me such great results. You've got such great tone in your muscles. I'm still padded in many areas. One day maybe I'll have definition. :)

The Harrison's said...

You look so good! :)

Jeff and McKenna said...

check you out little miss! you are my idol! :) congrats on the weight loss!! by the way, you hair is SOO long!! yay!!
p.s. you baby boy is so dang darling!!