Tuesday, December 13, 2011

4 Months

GAH! It is scary! I was looking at videos/pictures of him when he was just a month to 2 months old, and I can't believe he is already 4 :( It is so much fun to see him grow, and learn, and develop, but it is so sad that it goes mega fast.

First up: measurements.

At 4 months, Gavin weighs 14.5 lbs. Right at the 50 percentile.
He is 25.5 in long. 75 percentile
His head circumference is also 50 percentile.
Doc says he is a very symmetrical baby.
Not fat, not skinny.
Just right :)
{Though his cheeks I think set his symmetry off balance a bit :)}
He can still "fit" into 0-3 months. But they are a little small, so I don't usually put those on him.
3-6 months are fitting about right. Some of the pants, I have to roll the waist band, and some of the shirts are a little big.
6-9 months he can also wear. The onsies are just a little big, but still work. The pants I definitely have to roll up.

Next: dislikes.
*He HATES it when I am putting eucerin cream/ointment on him.
*He doesn't appreciate that we take his bottle away even when he has drank it all.
*His mom will kiss-attack his face, and he has a mini anxiety attack each time. You think his mother would learn. Goll.
*He doesn't like to do practically anything alone. Play, sleep, chill, you name it, he wants someone to be there. It's not 100% of the time, but it's a lot. He's not spoiled, just social. {that's what I tell myself}.


Third: Likes
*He loves! everyone to act like idiots in front of him. Silly faces, crazy dancing, loud singing. LOVES.
*He also likes it when someone "eats" him. The "chomp" is his favorite. Not sure why.
*He has always been a cuddly baby, and still is. He just loves to cuddle.
*FINGERS IN MOUTH is his FAV-OR-ITE thing. Not really his thumb, just his fingers! All day long. His fingers get so red, because he sucks on them. I don't know if it's a comfort thing, a teething thing, or a way for him to just learn about himself. I'm not too worried right now whatever it is. {I may regret that later}
*He also likes to be heard. Like I mentioned he screams and yells a lot. Not just when he is mad, but when he wants to tell a story. He just screams at the top of his lungs! It makes me laugh every time.
*He also likes to sleep with mom and dad. Yep. Mom enjoys it too, and dad doesn't get much of a say, since he isn't the one getting up during the night. He sleeps the first half of the night in his crib, and the last half in mom and dad's bed. Not sure I want to change it anytime soon. I'll let ya know.


Lastly: development.
Gavin can hold his head up really well.
He can roll from his tummy to his back.
He grabs toys and shoves them into his mouth.
We haven't tried cereal yet, maybe in the next few days. I just have to go buy some.
His lungs work fantastically, as mentioned.
We try to get him interested in books, but he doesn't seem to take interest in them too much yet.
He will watch t.v. for a few minutes then he is bored.
He loves to talk {SCREAM} to himself in the mirror.

Now that I have been a mom for 4 months, I know everything.
NOT!
I am only learning how much I really don't know.
Parenting in some ways is hard for me, because I am just not sure if I'm doing it "right".
I know there isn't a "right" way to parenting, but I want to do as best I can for Gavin.
It's not easy, because I just am not sure if I am doing enough.
For example, how much should I play with him.
How much should he play alone.
When he doesn't want to play alone, do I let him scream it out, or try to get him distracted.
I know there are recommendations for things like this, but what if it's not what MY baby needs ya know?
What if he is a really social baby, and then I make him play by himself a lot, and then he becomes less social?
I don't want him to deal with shyness as Spencer and I have. It's not fun.
I'm sure Gavin will turn out just fine, but if you're a mom, then you know what it's like to always wonder if you're doing "enough". :)

I have also learned what time management really means.
Which is great in a lot of ways, really.
Some things get done a lot sooner, some don't.


Gavin has a lot of personality.
Though I may make it sound like he is a handful, he's actually a very easy-going baby.
He smiles so much, and I hope he never loses that about him.
He's very smart too. He pays attention to what everyone is doing.
When someone talks, he will look at them, and just listen, even if they're across the room.
I just love him so much! He is such a blessing!

No comments: