You would cry, and I would play with you.
You'd cry again, and I would feed you.
And if you cried yet again, I knew you wanted to be cuddled to sleep.
You had me convinced, you know.
The instant calming on your part once I picked you up;
And smiling and/or laughing EVERYTIME when I played with you.
I was absolutely convinced that you were a happy, easy-going baby who loved and needed his momma.
Oh yes, you were so cute at it!
I just loved that my baby "needed" me, and wanted to "spend time with me".
Oh it meant the world.
I was happy to do anything and everything for my sweetie.
Because that is, in fact, what I thought you were.
A "sweetie".
So, tell me.
Does it make you feel accomplished and successful knowing that you convinced your mother that you needed her?
Well good for you. Because now, it is not a cry, or a want , or a need...
It is a DEMAND.
Yes that's right, I've figured you out.
You get me all warmed up, then you break out the BIG lungs.
Instead of a sweet cry, or crying AT ALL for that matter...
You YELL! And SCREAM!
And YELL and SCREAM!
*SCREAM!* Ah! Okay, okay I'll play with you!
*YELL!* Yikes!! Alright, alright I'll pick you up!
Sheesh!
You can yell and scream all you want my "precious", but it can't last forever.
I promise you that!
^^^^guilty.
Love,
Your mother.
*as a side note to my readers: I hope you know that I actually think the yelling and screaming is flippin' funny. I don't want anyone leaving this blog here with the wrong idea.







1 comment:
Loved this post ;)
Post a Comment