Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ever Notice?

So since this is my blog, and I now know who is reading it, I'm going to be less afraid of what I post.

Do you ever notice how it's hard for people to just be okay with the way everyone else is? Why do people have a hard time with being happy for someone if they are happy? For example, say there is someone who decides to not go to school. That this guy/gal would prefer a lower-income job that they may or may not move up in. That's what they PREFER. Sure, I think most would agree that college education is beneficial, and you can usually make more money. So what, if this person decides that they don't want to do that. Their choice, that they are happy with. Drop the judgements, and be happy for them right? Or... Say someone has already gone to school, has a pretty good degree, and then decides they want to go back to school to get a totally different Bachelor's or Master's. Some might say, shouldn't you be putting time into your family? A house? Well, if this person chooses it, and feels that it is best for THEM, and they are happy, why be so judgemental? Ya know what I'm saying? If someone chooses one way, there are judgements, and yet someone else can choose the opposite and there other judgements.

It's like a comment I saw on a friend's blog once. If someone doesn't have kids, people are always wondering, "When are you going to start popping out little ones?". Or if someone has quite a few kids, or kids that are close together in age, "When are you going to STOP popping out little ones?" It's silly. It's just silly that some people just can't be okay with the way others live their lives.

Now, if someone is being unfair to someone else in their choices, that is different. But, still there shouldn't be judgements.

This is just something that I have been thinking a lot about lately. It can be frustrating to me that people just can't get along with each other, or be happy for one another.

I am a cheesey person. That's just who I am. I like things cheesey {food and/or the way I live my life}. This is an example of my cheesey-ness: I am doing 25 days of Christmas for Spencer. {thanks to pinterest} each day, there might be a memory, a compliment, a service that I will do for him, or a date planned. It has been fun for me and him. Now, my siblings would probably tease me about that. Which is totally fine, because they tease me about a lot of things, and I'm not the only one that gets teased. But, truthfully, I can't see any of my siblings doing something like that for their spouse. Why? Probably because it's too cheesey for them. Which is just fine! I'm not saying that you have to be cheesey to be happy or enjoy life. That's just one way I do it.

And writing posts like this, some people might would find it being a little too much of my own thoughts put out there. Well, this blog has become my journal, and I enjoy writing my thoughts. I used to write in my journal {not my blog} once a week. But since I had Gavin, it has become a lot harder to do so, because actual writing takes longer than typing. Hence, this post. I think one day I will be happy I wrote in my journal/blog, and be able to hopefully see how I've progressed over the years.

Anyway! I am glad I can come on here, and be who I am! I am not trying to be anyone I'm not. So thanks for reading!

-Kelli

No comments: