Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Big Duck, Little Duck

On October 29th, my mom put together a fun Halloween party for all of the kiddos.
There was a witch's brew, haunted house-ish game, black magic game, and a scarecrow game.
My sister Amy dressed as a witch for the occasion, and did the witch's (for some reason witch's looks all wrongly spelled. Help me out) brew. She had on long orange eyelashes, black lipstck, a hat, and all the works. She had all of her ingredients layed out. 1. Grinded up bones from her cellar (sugar) 2. Bat juice (root beer concentrate) and dry ice. Those are the only things I remember lol. Anyway, as she was pretending to be this witch with a brew, one of my nephews thought this was the REAL THING. This crazy witch is putting all of this stuff in this big pot, and then all of the cousins are wanting to try it? AH! He's around 4 years old, and he was not going near my sister who he did not recognize, nor her nasty brew. It took some convincing that it was just aunt Amy, and the drink was rootbeer. He eventually figured it out :)
Sadly, I didn't get any pictures that night....

Anyway, all of the costumes were super cute, and it's always fun to watch all of the kids get excited.


For Halloween, I dressed Gavin in a Duck costume, because I knew his dad had made one a few years ago, and thought it'd be fun to take pictures of them together :)
Ps. I still don't know why my pictures upload sideways no matter how much editing I do.. Do you have this problem and the solution?

Aren't they handsome?

I asked him to pose like a duck. I guess I don't know what ducks "pose" like, nor do I know how anyone would accomplish that anyway. So I guess Spencer did a good job.

My cute little duck.

Little duck again.

Spencer's costume is orignally a little kid's costume. So the tail.... is a little off..

They make me happy!

Gavin is growing so fast! He has been standing up on his legs like this for over a month now. I can't believe he's almost 3 months.
He's also started to giggle a little bit, but it has to be at the right time, because it just doesn't happen too often.

Hope you had a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Jeff and McKenna said...

Jeff was laughing so hard when he saw the picture of Spencer in his duck costume and he told me all about how they were "so creative" that year. ha ha oh boys.