As you know, Spencer is attending pharmacy school. He is doing SO well. It's an accelerated program which means that he attends one class all day long for two weeks, and then takes a test for that class. He has to get a 90% or above on the test to pass. If he doesn't, he has to retake it the following monday, and if he doesn't pass that test, then he has to retake the entire class over the summer. Anyway, they give you plenty of chances to do well in the program. He's taken 2 tests for lecture classes, and passed both of them with flying colors. Then he has a few classes that he has to do on the side, and what not. Anyway, he has done well on ALL of his tests. I'm not surprised, because he is a smartie pants! He's also doing an internship at a Pharmacy, and is enjoying that. He wishes he could be out on the hunts this year. It's practically eating him up inside. I just have to remind him, that after school is finally over, he will have the money to go on as many hunts as he wants (well at least we're counting on it being worth it!). It doesn't help very much though haha. He is enjoying college football though! I am proud to call him my husband. I really am. It's not just because he's super smart, very kind, patient, fun, sexy, but it's also because he and I are a good team. We just fit together. And I love that!
Before we moved up north, we had an apartment lined up that we were told would be available by mid-end of October. It was a phenomenal deal that we really couldn't have passed up. It was in my parent's ward, super cheap with utilities included, but a nice place, it was above the garage of a great family, my brother is building a house down the road, it's 15 min. max from Spencer's school. It was just what we needed, mostly because of location and price. So we planned on living in Spencer's parents' basement until the apt. was available. About 2 days after we moved into the basement, we found out that actually the apt. won't be available til around March. Yeesh... The bad thing about living with Spencer's parent's, is that it's an hour drive to school, and an hour drive back. But, at least there was no rent. Anyway, because he isn't working (there is no way he'd have the time for a job), and I'm not working (I've turned in a few applications, but we don't really NEED me to work right now), rent is kind of a ridiculous expense. It would be even if we were working, but you get my point. So in the basement we've stayed. We're still not sure if we'll be actively looking for an apt, or just kind of see how it goes... I guess that means we're seeing how it goes.
I was so excited to be up north and close to my family and friends. And I am in a position where I can see them pretty much any day I want. So that is nice. Our living situation isn't ideal, but it works for now. My in-laws are great. They're very helpful, and we appreciate that they are willing to help us out with our living situation. One thing I LOVE is being back in a family ward. Student (single or married) wards are great, but 4 years worth was enough for me. The ward we're in now, I really have enjoyed so far. I haven't met a lot of people, but they are good people who carry the spirit close to them. We're the youngest family in the ward which is no big deal, but a little different than what we were used to.
Gavin and I take it day by day, and it is usually a good time with him :) He isn't a fussy baby, and he's just my little buddy. I love that he's mine FOREVER, and I'm his mother. Like they all say, and like they all have said to me, motherhood isn't easy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. There have been a couple of times where I did feel like I needed a break (a short break though haha), but other than that I love taking care of him, soothing him, feeding him, cuddling/holding him, it just doesn't get old. I just love that he needs me specifically. Yes, other people can take care of him just fine, but sometimes he just needs to hear my voice and that is enough for him. And I love that.
So in case you're curious... We are happy and life is great/special/worht it/exciting/busy. To some it may not look like it, but my little family is very blessed and looked after.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh kell I am so happy for you! Gkad things have worked out and now that you live a lot closer we should plan to get together. I would LOVE to see you and that cute baby!
Post a Comment