Saturday, June 18, 2011

"Poor"

Today, I have been thinking a lot about money for some reason.
Spencer and I do not consider ourselves poor.
We, in fact, do very well.
We don't make a lot of money. Not even close.
But, we do our best to be wise with our money.
We have a budget that we stick pretty close to, or that we at least keep in mind when we want to spend money.
We don't live paycheck to paycheck, and never have.
We don't have any credit card debt.
We haven't had any debt for school up until this coming fall, when Spencer goes to graduate school.
We are in debt for our car. Which, sometimes we regret doing so, but we did need a nicer car for us to feel comfortable driving with a baby in the back seat.
We have never been on an extravagant vacation.
We did go on a cruise shortly after we were married, thanks to Spencer's parents :)
We have taken little weekend vacations here and there, that we save up for.
We don't need our parents to help pay for anything.
Although, they do offer.
We have never gone without!
We have a pretty good savings going.
What I'm trying to say is, I'm grateful that we have some self discipline when it comes to money.
I never used to be this way until I married Spencer. He's a good teacher :)
Never have I worried about having enough money to pay bills, or buy groceries.
I never want us to have credit card debt. It is so nice knowing that we are in good standing.
We both have great credit too.
It's just nice knowing that we are doing well for ourselves, and don't have financial stress.

I have some people close to me, who are financially stressed. Some it's because of un-wise choices.
Others, it's because of the economy.
It's never fun seeing anybody I care about stressed about money.

Anyway, that's just been on my mind. :)



1 comment:

Me said...

You guys are so awesome! We REALLY need to be better- this past little while we have let wants take over and are living paycheck to paycheck and it is no fun! We consider ourselves lucky to though and it could be so much worse! I know exactly what you mean in this post!