Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wedding Challenge #3

I skipped #2, because I answered it in the first question...

Question 3) proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc.

Spencer and I had spent a lot of our dating time at Fish Lake, because that is where he worked.
It became a special place to us the day he proposed.

When I would go to Fish Lake to visit him, I would normally stay the night.
Scary business, I know, but we were good. :)
His parents have a cabin up there.
Plus, his brother also worked there.

Anyway, one morning at Fish Lake, Spencer woke me up at 4:45am!
He just told me he wanted to take me for a drive to the top of the mtn to watch the sunrise.
I kind of suspected the big question was coming.
I tried not to think it though.
He didn't used to be very good at hiding things from me.

So we drove to the top over looking the lake.
We just were talking about how everything between us had worked out so perfectly.
The sun started to rise, and I noticed something in front of us a little ways.
I couldn't tell what it was, just that the sun was reflecting off of it a little bit, and it looked out of place.
I asked, "What is that?"
Immediately Spencer got a smirk on his face..
He says, "Let's go see!"
So we get out of his truck, and he's like, wait stop, I want to take a picture of us.
What! I don't have any makeup on and I'm in my sweats!


Pretty ain't it?

Then we started walking to what I saw in the distance.
As we got closer, I was able to tell what it was.
It was a log cut in two and nailed together with "MARRY ME!" carved in it!
I spun around to look at Spencer and he was on his knee.
He pulled out the ring and said, "Kelli Bunderson, will you marry me?"
I was so giddy and excited my response was "Yes" in a very high pitched voice.
Spencer still teases me about the way I responded. Haha.

It was great!
I loved looking at my ring, and finally feeling like life was complete for me at the time.

We were engaged for about 2 1/2 months. We planned most of our wedding at school, so that was kind of difficult.
I already had my dress the day he proposed.
It all worked out pretty great. :)







1 comment:

Abby said...

I'm so glad you're doing this :) I know most of the story but it's fun to get the little details I didn't know before. It makes me so happy to see you happy!