Those were the days I tell ya!
We lived in this HUGE apartment that was brand new, with shag carpets and marble countertops.
Oh yeah.
NOT!
It was probably 300 sq. feet.
Over 100 years old.
With a bathroom that when you walked in, the door reached the bathtub, and you would have to step into the bathtub to close the door.
And the bathroom lock was a hook and a hole.
And it didn't matter how much vacuuming we did, we still would get a ton of nasty stuff in our vacuum.
And an oven that was probably the size of my childhood "Easy Bake Oven".
And a bedroom that had enough room for just the bed.
I'm not exaggerating even a little bit.
(okay maybe about the Oven, but it was still super small!)
But, we paid 350 for rent, utilities, cable, and highspeed internet.
When we had looked for an apt that summer before we moved there, it was either the crummy cheap one, or an okay apt for 600 a month.
Neither of us had jobs, nor did we want to pay 600 a month!
We really had no choice.
And we do have some unforgettable memories there.
2 comments:
Oh how I LOVED (not) those apartments!
Hey I love this wedding challenge you're doing! I love learning more about you guys. Also, I miss you terribly. :(
Post a Comment