Friday, May 27, 2011

Wedding Challenge #14

Question 14)  thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
I don't think there is anything "easy" about marriage.
Let me clarify before you jump to conclusions...

When we were first married, that is when we struggled the most, as most couples do.
It was such a huge adjustment for us both.
Neither of us were really established on our own before, but like they always say, you come from different backgrounds.
Which is really where we struggled.
I had no idea how to handle money, he did.
He didn't have a very good idea of how to be thoughtful, I did.
And as time has gone on, these things as well as many others have become easier.
But it's never just "easy".
It's not a problem for us anymore though either.
Does that make sense?

And truthfully, we don't really have "problems".
That is one thing we have just learned.
A disagreement comes up, we get through it, and get over it.
No biggie.
There are definitely still things that bug him about me, or that bug me about him.
But it's not an issue to our relationship.
We're definitely still learning, and practicing.
But we are happy, and only getting happier!
Truly.

The hardest part for US is seeing the other's point of view.
We have made some great strides, but we still struggle with that occasionally.

I don't want this to sound cliche, but I really wouldn't change anything about our marriage.
All of our good AND bad times is what makes OUR relationship, OUR relationship.
I wouldn't trade that for anything.


My favorite part about being married is having a best friend to do everything with, and to go through everything with. It really is amazing. For real.




1 comment:

Abby said...

I love this. I feel the same way about marriage. It's hard work, but it's so worth it, and I could never give it up. It's good to know that everybody struggles sometimes :) I love being married.