Relief Society has once again touched my heart, and influenced my mind. Our Stake President gave the lesson. What I loved most about his lesson are these:
1. A priesthood leader wanted to talk to the women in our ward about the struggles that mainly women face. I always really appreciate, and respect a priesthood holder who feels the need, and wants to talk to the women in the church. I think it says a lot about our gospel, and how true it is that our leaders are called of God.
2. He was very inspired. Everytime he'd ask the group something like, "how many of you worry too much?" Or, "Who compares themselves to others?" he knew exactly how our thought processes work when we worry too much, or when we compare ourselves, or when we feel like we're not measuring up.
3. I realized that EVERY woman struggles with these. I have always known that I'm not "alone" when I feel like I am not measuring up, or whatever. But, to see that all of the women in that room struggle with exactly what I struggle with everyday. Even the girls that seem like they have it all together. The ones that are friends with everyone, that are spiritually strong, and knowledgeable in the gospel. Great cooks, and great wives, and I could go on about how great they all are. And yet, even they compare themselves to others, even they feel like they're not good enough, and even they worry too much.
I took some things from that lesson that I don't want to forget.
Our Heavenly Father and Savior do not compare us to others. They may be smiling upon someone else who is doing well, but that doesn't mean that they are frowning upon us. We have heard all our lives that we each have our own strengths. I think what we lack is focusing on our strength. We may have weaknesses, and some may be more obvious than others, but that is the beauty of this life. We're here to learn and to grow. "A successful life is made up of a lot of successful days." I know I need to focus more on today, and what I do, say, and don't do TODAY. Not what I'll say two months from now, or what I'll do 20 years from now... Just today. If I can do my best each hour of each day, I will have a lot of successful days.
No comments:
Post a Comment