Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Downside

A month or so ago, I wrote a post about how much I love my job. Which, I do. But there are definitely downsides, and today was one of those downsides.

I am one that appreciates a change of scenery and routine. So, for most of my time at Kolob, I have been able to switch halls quite often. Lately however, I have been on ONE hall. I don't care for this, because I am dealing with the same behaviors, same problems, same attitudes, same demands, day in and day out. Most of the residents on this one hall really aren't bad. But, there are those few who call constantly, and demand your attention when you have about 22 other people who NEED your attention. It's rough. I have a hard time having patience sometimes. Especially when it's the same thing over and over again. Especially when they can do these things themselves.

Another thing that is oh so frustrating is when I feel like I'm doing ALL OF THE WORK! It is my biggest stresser at work, and I will always know if it will be a good or bad day depending on who I work with. Don't get me wrong, I love the staff I work with. Well, most of them. But, some of them just take their precious time, or completely avoid doing the job, because they know that I'll eventually do it. And believe me, I have tried to get those certain people to do their part, and they say they will, but for some reason or another they don't get to it. So, I just give up and go do it, since I know it will get done if I do it, and it will get done quickly if I do it. And, I don't really have time to sit and wait for them to do it. Friday, I am afraid that it will be another stressful day, because I will be doing all of the work. It's SO frustrating!! I can't handle all of this stress all of the time. I'm especially worried since I'll be starting school again in January. :( Why is it that only some of us work hard, while others let everyone else pick up their slack? Not okay. Luckily, I have tomorrow off. But, tomorrow night I will be dreaming about work, because I will be going to sleep thinking about how I can make the next day go smoothly...

I really hope Spencer gets into the PharmD program. Not only because we could be moving closer to family, but because it'd mean that I could find a different job. As of today, I have been thinking that maybe I want to find a job that isn't a CNA job. Or if it is, it's not working with the elders. I do love them, but it is too much sometimes.

No comments: