Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Time

This year, I had Christmas Eve, AND Christmas off from work. Yay! So Christmas Eve morning, Spencer and I had our own little Christmas. We made bacon, eggs, and cinnamon rolls. Yeah, sounds good right? Well, the smell of the bacon got to me, and I couldn't hardly eat anything. That was a downer. But it was fun anyway. Then we gave each other our gifts. Later in the day, we headed to Nephi!
It was cloudy in parts on our way up. When we got close to the Nephi area, I had to take these pictures. It looks so cool! When we pulled into Nephi, you would not think it was a sunny day that day, because the fog was so THICK!






We ate dinner at Spencer's aunt's house. It was delicious! Then we drove back to Nephi from Gunnison in this crazy fog! The whole drive to Gunnison, we were all thinking of baby names. It was fun! But there were a lot of names thrown out there that I would never name my baby! haha.

Christmas morning, my hubby was the first one up! Haha. I think it was just cause he was done sleeping. We all got up at about 8. We opened presents and ate some breakfast. It was a great Christmas with the Gledhill's! We got some awesome stuff. I especially liked the baby gifts :)



Later on Christmas day, we headed to my parents house. Everyone got there at about 5 to eat dinner and open presents. The food was yummy of course! All of the grandkids got to open several gifts from grandma and grandpa, and then the person who's name they had this year. It's so fun to watch all them cuties get excited.



My sweet niece Karli. She made this present for me! The green paper is the wrapping paper, and the santa is the Christmas card she made me. It was so sweet! Inside was a Calendar she made. So darling. Heidi said that Karli has been thinking about me lately, because I don't have any kids so she wanted to make me something. I was touched :)



The left picture (yes it's sideways, sorry) Stephanie and her baby girl dancing in circles. It was precious. And of course the other two baby girls. Erin, and Gabryella. They are not so much babies anymore though!


I got my dad some new darts for Christmas, so they got out the dart board, and played darts and pool. They all had a lot of fun. They were up there for hours!


Us girls of course have to play games too. So, we played Phase 10 and what not. It's always fun to hang out with the family!


One more thing I want to mention: During Thanksgiving, my mom had set out all of her dolls that she has collected over the years. She wanted each girl in the family (nieces too) to pick out a doll. So we drew numbers and picked out our dolls. We then recieved the dolls on Christmas. I think it's a very special thing that my mother passed down all of these dolls to us. She also has a doll set aside for my first girl. Who knows, maybe I am having a girl. :)

Hope you all had a great Christmas!!

1 comment:

Jeff and McKenna said...

how fun! i'm so jealous that you got to be with your family for christmas! and i'm glad you drove safe! the weather has been so crazy!