Friday, August 27, 2010

My Family Update

I just feel like talking about my family :)

My family is getting old!! It is sad... But also exciting! My youngest sister is in NINTH GRADE!! I remember feeling so old when I was in 9th grade, and now she is, and I swear she is not as old as I was when I was that age. She's excited to start seminary, and to be the at the "top" in school. My youngest brother is a SENIOR. That is even more weird to me, because that means he'll leave for his mission in like a year. I am so ExCiTeD for him to go on his mission!!! He will be a great missionary, and it will be great for him too! He's excited as well, and makes sure that all of the girls he dates knows that he is going on a mission, and doesn't want anything too serious. Good boy! ;) My brother just younger than me will be starting a new adventure hopefully next week! It's an Anasazi camp thing, and they teach you a lot of about living in the wilderness, and how to make do with natural resources. They also help people build self-esteem, and what not. It will be a good experience for him, and he says if he likes it, he's going to see about staying to be a counselor there. Which would be awesome! 

My sister, Heather, is the one just older than me. She and her cute little family live in Roosevelt, Utah. They have lots of animals! She has 3 kids all under the age of 3! (Maybe Brayden is four now?) She is a hard working stay at home mom, and is very involved with her community! She blogs all about what they do, and she has lots of friends out there, so I am happy for her!

My sister Heidi, lives in B to the LUFFDALE! She, her husband, and 3 adorable kids live just down the street from my parentals! She is amazing as well! She is working nights to make a living, and so she can be home with her kids during the day. She is also sewing the Cutest little skirts for little girls! I will post pics soon. She is very good at sewing, and is very creative. She and two of my other sisters are doing boutiques here and there to sell their producuts. Maybe even opening their own store someday :)

My sister Stephanie, lives in Kearns. She and her husband have one little girl, who is turning 1! They have so enjoyed having their baby girl! They waited 4 years before they had a baby, and they have thouroughly enjoyed it. She works full-time early in the morning. She is making vinyl lettering, and things of the sort to add to the boutique. I haven't actually seen anything that she's selling, but I have seen the lettering in her home, and it is SO cute!!

My eldest sister Amy, also lives in Bluffdale! She works at the cutest store in lehi. It's called Rod Works. If you haven't been there yet, GO! They seriously have THE cutest things to decorate your house with. My sister has recently picked up the duty of putting the "scenes" together (I guess that's what you call it). You'll know what I mean when you go in there. She is also SUPER DUPER creative, and makes such cute aprons!! She is selling some, and I will post pictures of those as well! She does such a good job! She is also in school full-time online. With four kids!! And she doesn't neglect anything in her life. She is amazing!!!

My brother Jason, lives in Herriman. He is working full-time as a fireman! He graduated fire school (?) being number 3 in the entire class, and that's out of like 90 students. I guess he's super smart ;) He got a job at West Jordan Fire Department, which I hear is a hard station to get hired on! He and his wife had a little baby boy in April (I think haha), and it's their 3rd boy. Cute, cute kids! I haven't seen him much, because everytime I make it up there for a family occasion, he is on duty at the station, but hopefully that will change soon :)

My eldest brother/sibling, Shaun, lives in Riverton. He and his wife have 4 cute kids. He is currently going to school full-time for computer science. He says he is really enjoying it, and learning a lot. To be honest, I'm not sure where he is working, because I think it's just a temporary job. Haha. He has been busy though! He has been in school for I think 4 semesters. He's got about 2 more years of school I think!

My mama and daddy-o are doing pretty good! They are just raising their last bit of kids, and loving their 18 grandkids. They are thinking of selling their house after my brother graduates, and moving into a smaller home. Probably somewhere not far from Bluffdale. Hopefully retirement is closer than they think :)

I don't talk about my family much, so I just wanted you all to know what I think about my family. I love them all! It's sometimes hard to be down here in Cedar, because I don't see them as often as I would like, but I know I'm where I'm supposed to be right now.

As for Spencer and I, there isn't much new with us. I am getting a little tired of my job, and some of the people I work with, but I will try to just be a little more positive, and have things to look forward to. Spencer started school this week, and we hope (HOPE!!) that this will be his last year at SUU. He starts applying to just a few schools next month. Well, there's a long (hopefully not too boring) of an update of my family.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Journey of the Davies said...

Thanks for the update. It is nice to know what your family is up too since I never get to see them all. I am glad things are good well for your entire family. You have such a great family. Love them all.

The Jensens said...

Kelli! You are so sweet! Just by posting this lets everyone know just how sweet you truly are! We love you and can't wait to see you next week!!!!