Today I read the talk "Continue In Patience" by president Uchtdorf that he gave during the priesthood session this past April. It was so good, and opened my eyes so much! As you all know, I really want to have a baby, but it's just not time for us yet, and I am really impatient about it! I look at all of the moms, and expecting moms, and I am just so envious. Never a good thing. Anyway, I get down a lot about it, and lately have been feeling a little discouraged. Well, this talk helped me so much. If you haven't read it, you should. It applies to everything in life, and has made me want to be a better person, and work a lot harder on having patience. He said so many inspiring words, but one of the things he said really helped me to have motivation to do better. Here is the quote:
"Nevertheless, without patience, we cannot please God; we cannot become perfect. Indeed, patience is a purifying process that refines understanding, deepens happiness, focuses actions, and offers hope for peace."
3 comments:
Patience is probably one of the hardest things to have. I am glad you got a lot from that talk. I love the last quote you put. No better way to describe patience. Love you sis!
Thanks for sharing the quote. I like that a lot. I should read that talk. Patience is sure hard to have especially with our society being a "I need it now" society.
That is a good talk thanks for sharing! I don't know if I told you that we miscarried back in October and due to complications we had to wait quite a while before we could start trying again. It is hard...its hard hearing others are expecting, its hard seeing others with kids its just HARD! Your such a good person I hope things work out soon! Keep your chin up and Keep me posted miss you!!
Post a Comment