Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lake Powell!

Spencer's family has a timeshare on a houseboat at Lake Powell. So every year, all of the cousins go down for a few days! We went last year, and it was a lot of fun. We were also able to make it down there again this year, and we were so excited! I love Lake Powell. Some of my best childhood memories are of Lake Powell. Anyway, we headed down Friday after I got off work. I was a little worried cause I'd been reading the weather reports and it said it was supposed to be rainy and stormy the entire time we would be there! Anyway, we had a pretty good drive there, and it took us about 4 hours.



Just about to arrive to Lake Powell!!



Yikes. This wasn't fun to see. Storm is about to start, and we had to ride back to the houseboat in rain!


It is just so pretty there.



We went on a little hike together when we first arrived. I love my hunny!


Another storm brewing! But such a pretty picture!


My poor mother in-law. She started having problems with her siatic nerve right before Lake Powell, and she had to be on pain meds and what not. Swimming was good exercise for her leg.



My father in-law was given this special hat by his daughter. Haha. It is so funny! It looks like he has a full head of hair! So great!


Just chillin.


The last few days we were there, we got some good sun. I didn't get as many pictures as I would've liked, but we had a lot of fun! The only downside to the trip was Spencer's uncle's boat wasn't working, so no skiing or tubing was done. We had to ask the people camping next to us if they could drive Spencer and I back to the dock on their boat. They were really nice about it, and very friendly.





On our way home from Powell, we stopped at Fish Lake to stay the night. We went out looking for Elk, and we saw A TON! They were everywhere, it was so cool. Just kind of sucky because Spencer didn't have his spotting scope with him so we didn't get a great look at them.

Everywhere we went there were tons of  moo cows. And they'd be right next to the road and they just made me laugh with all that they did! Haha I don't know why I thought they were so funny, but they were! Anyway, I wanted to get my picture taken with some of them. Haha.





Okay it was just so pretty up there, and there wasn't a soul around, and so I thought it'd be kind of fun to take some fun pictures. So We tried to be creative with this one. It looks okay, but you must remember I hadn't had a decent shower in several days, so I don't look my best!


My hubbs loves the mountains, and loves animals. He wanted a pic with all the Elk in the background. You can't really see the Elk though. They're little brown dots up on the hill.

We got a new camera, and it has an option to do panoramic pictures. Pretty cool right?


Spencer's Photog skills



More of his Photography skills. I wanted to pick a bunch of wild flowers. I'm tellin ya, I was in a little bit of a weird mood that night...?


My flowers. Aren't they purdy?

3 comments:

Kati Jo said...

you two are so cute together!!! Miss you!!!

Chelsie Jensen said...

Way cute pics! I love the ones of the two of you. Miss you!!

Robison's said...

Looks like you had a blast!! You look gorgeous in every single picture. Great pics!!