Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Such Is Life

I just read a "pregnancy week by week" on pregnancyguidonline.com. I read all 40 weeks and it took me over an hour. I am not even pregnant nor are we trying. How pathetic am I? Over the top probably.

For Easter, we just stayed in Cedar and watched conference with just the two of us. We didn't do anything Easterish, and it was basically just like another day. I did make deviled eggs for the first time, and they were yummy!

Conference was so good like always! It was a big reminder of all the things I need to be better at. I, like most everyone, have a new desire to do better and to improve. It seems like a lot of the talks were on parenting. How fitting to my desires lately.

Spencer was awarded a housing scholarship last spring so we have been lucky enough this past year to live in our apartment for free. We found out last week that we do not qualify for it anymore. Which means that we have to come up with over $500 a month to pay rent, which we are not used to paying, and which we can't really afford. Yippee. We will have to cut back on a lot of our spending. It is frustrating. I am grateful that Spencer is in school, and that he is pursuing a career that will support our family someday, but I am tired of not having money.

On a lighter note, Spencer will be able to apply to Pharmacy schools this summer :) He will have all of his prerequisites done, and will have taken the PCAT. We are excited. We won't find out if he is accepted til probably next year. We are hoping he gets accepted to the University of Southern Nevada. They have a campus in South Jordan, and we would love to be closer to family. Plus, this program only takes three years compared to four years at most other schools.

2 comments:

Robison's said...

Aww Kel. My heart aches for you right now. I know you are going through a lot, but you really are so strong! Money is tight, and now will be tighter. You will be a lot more frugal with your money though going through life. Me and Jordan had to learn the hard way.. We got WAY into to debt, thinking credit cards were basically free money! Now, we are still paying for them, and havent used them in almost three years! Crazy, huh!? Money is tight for a lot of people. But, a lot of people have it tight not working towards careers or goals. You guys are! Things will be so great for you guys! And by then, you will prob have babies!! Yay!! Until then, here is my advice.. .. TRAIN FOR A HALF MARATHON W US!! It would be so fun if you came along with us!! Seriously! Please think a bout it some more.. It really is so cute how much you look at pregnancy stuff and babies. You seriously will be so much more excited and appreciative when the time is right. Think of how it would have been if you got prego right off the bat.. You prob wouldn't have been nearly as excited. kel, the time will come, and it is so good to let your feelings out. So keep typin them on here and EXPRESS!!
I freakin love you to DeAth! And I cannot wait to see you again! Take care little sis!

Journey of the Davies said...

I am sorry to hear you guys will not be able to get the housing scholarship again. I think about what Joe and I went through in Ephraim and I do not know how we made it. With Joe only being able to get a job for part time paying hims peanuts and me not having time to work. Some how we were still able to pay tithing,rent, utilities, food, phone bill, and the list goes on. yeah it wasn't easy but we learned from it. This little bump in the road will help you guys come closer as a couple. Keep us posted on the progress with Spencer and his schooling and reaching his goal. Miss you guys.