Sunday, March 7, 2010
Goodbye Molly
This past weekend, my dog died. She began to have seizures, and the vet thought that it could be a tumor or a brain infection... They wanted to try to put her on medication to control the seizures, but the medication wouldn't take affect for 8-10 days. Which, if she had seizures during that time, her temperature could rise and could kill her. The procedure to fix her tumor, or whatever it was, was too costly. So, we had to put her down. I have had two dogs die before Molly, and I never had a hard time with them as I have had with Molly's passing. She was so much fun, and I seriously looked forward to seeing her and Shelby (My other dog) when we would go up north. I love those dogs. My in-laws recently had to put their dog down as well, and it was really hard for my father in-law. One thing he said about it was that dogs are celestial. They love you unconditionally, they protect you, they always love to see you, they never betray you.... That is how we should all be toward each other. I can't believe that the next time I go to my parents house, Molly won't be there :( To some, it probably seems so silly that I'm having such a hard time with it, but these dogs have been like family. Seriously. We have had them for about 7 years. I'm glad that Molly is out of her misery, but it really makes me sad that she had to go. :'(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are all sad for the loss of Molly. She was a fun dog and is missed greatly. It's not at all silly to have a difficult time after a dog passes, they are family. We miss you Kell and can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Post a Comment