Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Training For April

Last year I said I was going to run a half marathon... I think I got to three miles one time, then quit. Haha. Well this year, I AM going to run a half marathon. I've been running since the first week of January. I haven't been as consistent with my running as I should be, but I've made small progress. I am a little behind on my running. I'm only at two miles! I should be at three right about now. It's funny because I know I can run two, so once I reach two miles, then I'm like, "Okay I'm done." But not this week! I am going to run three. On Saturday, I will run three miles. I am excited for this half marathon. It's something I really look forward to doing, and seeing the results of running great distances (getting in shape). The marathon is April 17th. 82 days or something. So I have about 12 weeks. Also, Spencer has been running on our treadmill quite a bit too. He's using his work out equipment, and eating better. His work is doing a biggest loser thing, and he has lost the most weight so far. It's been two weeks, and he's lost seven pounds. It doesn't seem like a lot when you've watched biggest loser, but with just the small changes he's made with his habits and what not, it's a good amount. He hasn't seen his weight this low for quite some time! He doesn't have a desire to run the half, but he does run which is definitely a good thing.

5 comments:

Robison's said...

Yay! We love running!!! ;D I didn't know the for sure day, so thanks I will put it on the calendar.. That is awesome that Spencer is running! Good for him! 7 pounds is a lot in two weeks for someone his size. People with a lot of weight have a lot more to loose so they loose it way fast. Anyway, I am so excited to do the marathon too! It will be an awesome experience!!

Robison's said...

Yay! We love running!!! ;D I didn't know the for sure day, so thanks I will put it on the calendar.. That is awesome that Spencer is running! Good for him! 7 pounds is a lot in two weeks for someone his size. People with a lot of weight have a lot more to loose so they loose it way fast. Anyway, I am so excited to do the marathon too! It will be an awesome experience!!

Charise said...

I'm excited for you. I did one in October and it was so much fun. The training is hard but so worth it in the end!

Amy said...

yay yay yay! I am so excited!!! That is so great that Spencer is being so healthy. The Biggest Loser is so inspiring. I think everyone would benefit from watching it.

Brooke said...

Wahoo! The Gardners are also running a 1/2 in April, maybe its the same one? idk. My mother in-law is turning 50 in April and thats what she wants for her b-day -to have all her kids run a 1/2 marathon with her. I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna walk it though, cause I'll have to push Gavin.
Thats super exciting though! Good luck with training and cudos to Spencer!