Monday, January 18, 2010

The Experience Of Buying A New Car...

Well.... Spencer and I have been looking to buy a car for a long time. We never really took that step to find one because we were just waiting to feel financially stable. With me getting this job, it has helped us a ton!! So one day I just asked Spencer if I could post on my facebook that we were selling our car, just to see if anyone showed any interest. So I did, and didn't get much the first time. Then I did it a second day, and someone showed interest. Yay. So I gave them all the info they asked for and more, and they said they would like to see it and drive it. We live in Cedar, they live in Bluffdale so it was going to be about a week until we could get up there. AND if they bought our car, then we would be without one. That's where we really kicked it into gear to buying a new car. We looked at ksl all day long everyday just waiting for a good deal. We found quite a few cars that we liked, but of course they were all up north so we were going to have to wait until the weekend. Finally, the weekend comes, we make our way up there, and all of the cars we liked on ksl we found out were a salvaged title. Ugh. After finding this out about them, we knew that Spencer's cousin's husband is a financial manager at Brent Brown Auto in Orem so we thought we'd go see what kind of cars they have and what kind of deal we could get... The first car they showed us was a Chevy Cobalt. We had looked at one in Nephi that we liked, but this one was a nicer one with a better price they could work out for us. Anyway, we took it for a drive and immediately fell in love! We were hesitant to just buy it right then because we wanted to think it over a little bit. Then as he showed us what the monthly payment would be, we realized that we could totally do it! We're paying off the rest of his truck, and then the car will be just about the same amount every month that we were paying for his truck. We are so excited about this car! It is a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LT with under 40,000 miles. SO Nice! It's definitely an upgrade from the mitsubishi. Plus, those people who were interested in buying the mits, bought it. So it all worked out! It was quite a process trying to find the right car for the right price, but we did it and couldn't be happier with our purchase. I think we'll be good in the car department for a while. Now if only the baby department was underway... ;)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah you need to work on the baby department. :) When you're ready of course... ;) I am so excited for you getting a new car. It is way cute! It was so nice to see you the other day, even if it was for only a few minutes. Miss you already! Love ya!

Whitney said...

I love Cobalts!!! Can I take if for a test drive to see if I can get Sam to buy me one? haha. I'm so happy for you guys!

Amanda Bolton said...

You are so cute! Yay for getting a new car and get working on that cute baby thing :) haha jk

Chelsie Jensen said...

That's so cool that you got a new car. You deserve it! Just do lots of practice when it comes to the baby department to get you prepared for when its time :)