Monday, December 21, 2009

Holy Shamoley

I don't know what it is about venting to other people who probably don't even care to know about what you're venting about, but it just makes me feel better. Today at work was ridiculous. I worked on a hall that I'm fairly familiar with, but not as well as I am with the other hall... Anyway, there were three of us aides on that hall, and one of them has never EVER worked on that hall. AND this girl had never done this guy's shower (who is the hardest shower to do in the whole facility), plus the other girl had a bed bath that takes FOREVER... Anyway, they were both in doing their showers and bed bath. Which means that I have to answer call lights (and this hall is known for call lights going off like crazy). Anyway, The bed bath and shower took at least two hours and I was busy in the hall. Which also means that nobody got a break. We get in BIG trouble if we don't take breaks. Plus, I had to give report at the end of the shift (tell the next shift everything that has gone on for the day), and we had to give the next shift some of our charting to do, because we didn't have any time to do it. We didn't even get everything done that we needed to today. Needless to say, it was super duper busy, and everyone was frustrated. The next shift wasn't happy about taking our charting because this is the second time we've had to have them do this, and the nurse wasn't happy that we didn't take breaks.... Ugh!!! What we were supposed to do??? I'm sorry it just doesn't make sense that everyone is getting upset that everything didn't get done today. It's not like we just sat around and did nothing. We were constantly doing something. There was not a second to think. Anyway, the day is over, and I think I'm going to call my work and ask them to not have me give report very often. I have given report just about every single time I have worked. Not cool. Yeah, I get paid for staying fifteen minutes more, but I don't want to do that every shift. Grr... If you can't tell I'm a little bugged. It's just stupid. People can be so stupid, and judgemental. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Alright, that's all. I just had to let it out somehow because my husband is at work haha. I'll get over it with time.

1 comment:

DaNce tO ThE MuSiC said...

Ha ha kelli you make me laugh, i'm sorry that you had a hard long day at work. That's how i felt everyday when I was working at the pizza place. it was always just so crazy and you were running around like a chicken with it's head cut off! But just remember that at the end of the day you have spencer to go home too :)

P.S. your blog is super cute, and I love that picture of you and spencer at the top!! so cute!! :)

-McKenna (Jeff's girl lol)