Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holiday Season

I love the holiday season! It is my fav. The spirit of it is so special. There is always a lot of emphasis around this time of year about serving others. So many people have served me in simple ways, but it has had a lasting affect on me. They probably don't even know they have helped me. Most of these people who are so kind to me on a daily basis are those in my ward. I am not one to go out of my way to get to know someone. Nor am I one to let others get to know me... To some, I think I probably come off a little snobby. But there are those that ignore my quietness, and make an effort to just talk to me. I really Appreciate these people. And it's not just because it's Christmas time that they're so nice to me, it's because of the person they are. So, I am going to make a greater effort to get to know those around me, and to talk to people. It's so easy for me to stay in my little bubble until church is over then I can just rush home and forget about how I didn't make an effort to get to know someone. But the truth is, I don't forget about it. It really bothers me that I am so quiet, and
that I stay in my bubble just because I'm afraid. Pathetic, I know. It's just something I've always struggled with, and I'm so grateful for the Simple, yet compassionate Service that others have done for me. I hope that during this holiday season, we will all be more mindful of others, and of the true meaning of Christmas. Let's celebrate Christ's birth by doing what he does best, Serve Others.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Kelli, you have such a sweet spirit. I was the same way as you when it came to getting out of my little bubble. I am still that way sometimes. Just do it! That's the best way to overcome it. The more you do it the easier it becomes to get to know people.

Thank you for this wonderful post. It is something that we all need this time of year and throughout the whole year. Love you and miss you!

Robison's said...

Aw Kel. I love this post! I can totally relate! I have always been one to stay in my bubble too. I have gotten better, but I still struggle. You are so dang sweet and taht is why people want to get to know you. Reading this reminds me what I need to do. . . MORE. I need to go out of my way to help others more. Thanks kel!