Wow. Spencer and I have been married a whole year!!! To celebrate, we went up to Salt Lake City. We stayed in Little America Hotel. We didn't have a lot planned, but we had a lot of fun anyway! We arrived Friday night, checked in, and then went to The Gateway and ate. We then rented a movie, "Monsters VS Aliens" (so funny). The next day (our anniversary date), we did sealings in the Salt Lake temple, where we were married. It was a great experience. It was the second time we have done sealings. One lady came alone to do some sealings of family names. The names she had were all children being sealed to their parents. We didn't have enough men for someone to stand in place of the boys. So the sealer told her that she wasn't going to be able to get the boys' names done today. So they began to do the girls' names, and this lady stood in place for the girls. After all of the girls' names were finished, a temple worker knocked on the door to let another couple in. Which means that this lady who wasn't going to be able to get the boys' names done, could now get them done! It was awesome. It may not seem like a big deal on the surface, but these family members of hers have been waiting to recieve that blessing, and for those poor boys on the other side to see their sisters recieve it, and know that they might have to wait longer, even if it were for just a day, I'm sure was hard. I bet they were so relieved to learn that their work could be done the same day as their sisters.
After the temple, we walked around temple square, and there were a lot of weddings going on! Later, we went to Trolley Square. Interesting place. Not much there... I did love one store that was there, and I don't even know the name, but it was such a fun store! It had a ton of random stuff in there, and it made me wish I had a lot of money! Anyway, the weekend was a nice relaxing weekend for us. It went by too fast. I didn't take hardly any pictures over the weekend, so I have no pictures to post. It's fun to look back to when we were first married, and to see the changes in our marriage in just one year. It has been a GREAT year!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats. I know what you mean about looking on our marriage and seeing the changes that have happened in just the one year. Time sure goes by fast. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend!
Kell! I did not know you had a blog :) You are too cute! I cant believe it has already been a year. I swear just yesterday you were talking to me about planning it. Time sure does fly! Love you lots!
Ah Kel, Happy Anniversary!!! I am so glad you guys were able to do something fun for your 1 yr! Me and my kids LOVE 'Monsters vs Aliens'. So cute!!
What a memorable experience for you guys to go do sealings together! And the story with the lady and her family names... That is awesome! I am so proud of you and the wonderful person you are! I love you sis!!
Post a Comment