Thursday, August 22, 2013

What's New?

 
This chubba-wubba is now 9 months (on the 6th)! He is seriously huge. He weighs over 20 lbs (not sure of his exact weight, haven't been to the Dr. yet), and has for a few months! Haha. So if you haven't guessed, he loves to eat!! He loves his bottles, but most of all, he loves table food! I really don't give him that much "food", because I still want most of his nutrients to come from his formula. But, he has no problem eating whatever we put in front of him. My hopes are high that he won't be a picky eater like his big brother.
He is EVERYWHERE and into EVERYTHING as most babies are at this age. He has also started standing on his own, and even taking a few steps!! It's crazy to me that he is already trying to walk. Gavin took a long time to muster up the courage to do so. He tries a lot to walk, but won't let us hold his hands while he tries. Silly boy.
He has become quite a chatter box. He loves  to watch and play with his brother. He HATES getting his diaper changed (the only time he is trying to get away from me), and puts up a fight everytime. He is a bashful little guy. When someone starts talking and smiling at him, he will smile, and then hide his face in my shoulder. It's so cute! He wears size 18 month clothes, and can even fit into some of Gavin's 2T sizes. He loves to climb the stairs. He has also become more cuddly as of late, and it is so nice! I'm glad I'm getting some cuddles from him while he's still a baby. He loves to grab at faces. He is such a joy to us. We are so grateful he's in our family! Love you baby Tanner!


This crazy cute boy turned 2 (on the 10th)! I remember when he turned 1, I was dreading it. I just didn't want him to grow up (still don't). But, this birthday I was looking forward to, because I knew he was going to love his presents, and what is more fun than seeing your child happy and excited??
We kept his birthday celebrations simple. After his afternoon nap, we opened presents. As expected, he LOVED all of his presents. He got a toy tool set, a Lightning McQueen car, another car from "Cars 2", the "Cars 2" movie, and a Jobn Deere toy tractor. Explanation of his presents: He LOVES the movie "Cars". He would watch it everyday, if I let him (I try to limit it to once a week). It is the one movie he will sit and watch for the entire thing. He has also recently had a fascination with "Tack-ters" (tractors). He can spot one anywhere, and he also calls trucks, tractors. Well, he didn't have any toy tractors, so it seemed fitting. He has carried his lightning McQueen car everywhere with him since he got it for his birthday. It's so sweet! After presents, we went to dinner at JC Mickelson's, which has these cool little trains that drive around the restaraunt above our heads. Gavin also loves trains. He pretty much loves anything that has to do with transportation. After dinner, we came back and ate his "Basketball" cake, and watched "Cars 2". He seemed pretty happy with how the day went, so that's the important thing!
He is soaking up everything right now. It is so fun to see him catch on to things. A lot of them, I haven't even sat down with him and taught him them. He knows lots of animal noises, lots of different words, he finally calls me and Spencer "Mommy" and "Daddy", he calls Tanner, "Taa-ter". He sometimes gets letters mixed up like for boat, he says "Bope", and for apple, he says "Papple". I love how much he is learning. It's so fun!


 I don't have many pictures of Tanner sleeping, because I'm terrified of ever waking him up! Haha. But, this was a perfect opportunity. I love that fat baby. He is so sweet, and so kissable.

 We moved Gavin to his big boy bed! He has done pretty well! (Notice he has his cars, he takes them everywhere!) There has been times, when he wasn't winding down very well, so he would get up, and wake up Tanner to play. One night, I just let them play since I did put them down a little earlier for bed. Well, when I decided it was time for them to calm down and go to sleep, I walked in (which, I had the monitor on, listening to them playing. Giggling up a storm, they both were. So fun), and found that Gavin had taken all of the clothes out of the dresser, and put them in Tanner's crib! Haha! That's what was so funny to them! All in all, he does well to stay in his bed, and go to sleep on his own.

 I'm sure you've heard, but we're pregnant, and this is how we announced it. We posted this on facebook. In the past, I have first texted my close friends and family before we make it "Facebook Official" or whatever, but this was just easier, and with the way we announced it, I wanted everyone to see this as our announcement (I don't have a cool phone to be able to send this in a text).

 See? Cuddles. It honestly never happened for the longest time. He's finally starting to more, and I had to document it. Ignore my bum look alright? I've had no energy since I got pregnant this time.

Taking an "arranged" picture of my kids has got to be the most frustrating thing ever. I wanted him closer to the hoop, so we could see how much he's grown. He would not stay put, and decided it was a game to creep forward as I was trying to take his picture. Still cute though.


 My boys are already best friends, I LOVE IT! They play together a lot now, and it is so fun. They've recently started rough-housing, and wrestling together. They're both pretty rough on each other, it's kinda fun to watch. Sometimes, Gavin doesn't know when he is hurting Tanner though, even if Tanner is screaming bloody murder. Eh, it's good for them right? They're boys, I want them to be as boyish as they can. And wrestling is a great start ;)

 Just some more pics of them going crazy on Gavin's bed. That blanket hanging by the window usually covers the window, but I took it down so I could let some light in as I took pics of Gavin by the hoop. (Just felt like I needed to explain myself on that one. And if you're wondering why I don't buy some drapes or something, it's because I haven't found anything that matches, and I don't like to spend much on decorating, when I have so little to spend in the first place. Haha!!)


 
Other than all of that, not much else is new. Spencer has a 6 week break from his rotations. It's his off-block, which worked out wonderfully for him since his big elk hunt is during it. So, we'll be spending a lot of our time up at the cabin for the next month or so.
As far as pregnancy goes, nothing new. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting some of my energy back, and feeling sick is less often as well. Here's to hoping it's a girl! ;)

1 comment:

Chelsie Jensen said...

It is so crazy our boys are 2.. it has gone by so fast. He sounds so much like Parker. When we get out to the city we definitely need them to play :) I have never met Tanner and so that is another must as well! I hope you get back to having energy as well, there is nothing worse than not feeling like yourself. Hope to see you soon :) We should be out there around the end of Sept.