Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Squeezing It All In

 
Time for blogging is just not as easy to come by. I'm going to squeeze in a lot in this post.
 
 
Life is crazy busy with these crazy cute kids of mine.
 
 
Some things I've learned since becoming a mother of two:
1. It doesn't matter how closely I stick to the plan or schedule of the day, something is going to happen that is going to throw it off a little. And I need to just accept that, and then relax. It's no easy task for me.
2. I need my sleep or I am a mad witch woman. My patience goes out the door if I don't get my sleep. Which is frustrating. All of my needs are so inconvenient to me. If I didn't have to take care of myself along with the two kids, life would be a heck of a lot easier!
3. Time management is seriously SO important, and also SO burdensome. Anyone else feel like time has literally sped up? Like God has made time go faster on purpose, ya know? Anyway, I'll never get everything done, no matter how much time I have
 
 
CHRISTMAS
We had a great Christmas, as always. It's always such an exciting time. This year, I was especially excited to see how Gavin would react to things. It was fun to see his enthusiasm when opening and playing with presents.
 
Christmas Eve at my parent's. Santa came. Tanner slept just fine while Santa held him.
 
Gavin, on the other hand... Wasn't a fan of Santa. I wasn't too surprised, because he was tired, and doesn't understand. But, he is such a people person, so it was kind of disappointing that he cried haha.
 
Jack and Tanner. Cousins. 7 weeks apart. Two super cute babies, that look nothing alike. Also, Tanner is a hunk of chunk next to Jack. Haha. Love these two cuties! They will be such good friends.
 
 
At our own home that night, we opened jammies. We tried to get a cute picture in front of our ornament-less tree.
 
I have a lot of pictures from Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day that I'm not going to post. Just know, we were really blessed, and had a great Christmas. Christmas morning, we had to just our little family. Then we spent Christmas day/night with Spencer's family. Thanks to all our family for helping make our Christmas so special.
 
 
Just after getting a bath in the kitchen sink:
 
Look at my little boy! He is so not a baby anymore! Not sure how I feel about that.
 
This one day, we found this super cute bear on our front porch. He was the cutest little bear we ever did see. Especially when he would smile and say, "Cheese!".
 
Learning how to hold that heavy head up. Chubby cheekers.
 
This is my, scum-ball-stay-at-home-mom-look. I like to make sure the kids always look cute though (Which isn't hard) so that makes up for it, right? Truth is, most days I do look like this. But, I've started waking up waaay earlier than the kids do so I can exercise and shower before they wake up. It has helped me not to look so scumy. Anyway, I really love this cute smile of his.
 
A few days ago, Gavin was sicker than sick. I have never seen such a miserable little boy. He had goop coming out of his eyes and nose almost constantly. We finally got him to the doc and he is back to normal. This pic is when I gave him his bear. He hugged that bear so sweetly.
 
 
 
I can't believe it, either. He is such a chunk! Gavin had chunky cheeks, but Tanner is just chunky all over. I pick him up, and my fingers sink into his back fat. Haha! Oh I love his chunky-ness. So kissable. He is a good baby. He only gets fussy when he's tired or hungry. Usually, they are both an easy and quick fix. But sometimes it takes longer to get him to settle down to go to sleep. He is becoming a very smiley little baby. He smiles a lot everytime he is awake. He doesn't need to be held as much as Gavin did as a baby, which could just be because I can't hold him as much as I did Gavin. We are so grateful for our Tanner!
 
He was blessed the day he turned 2 months. He wore the same blessing outfit as Gavin, and looked just as cute. He didn't cry at all during the blessing, and was such a good boy all day!
 
The rest of what is going on:
Gavin will say words, but he doesn't "use" them if that makes sense. The only one he uses is mama.
He also LOVES to mimic anything we do. It is so much fun to see him try to do what we're doing. I mean, he does it with everything!
He is also such a chatter box! He will just talk baby chatter to me for as long as I will listen, which is long, because I love to listen to him tell me stories. He is growing up so fast.
 
We are supposed to be moving by the end of next month. Our lease ends, and we have a few options to choose from. It's kind of stressful. Hopefully we'll know for sure in the next little bit what we are going to do.
 
Spencer found out his third year rotations will all be in the Provo area, except for 2 of them will be in Nephi. We were really happy to hear that he got what he wanted-it's not common.
 
I starting training for the Salt Lake City Half Marathon. I paid for it (it ain't cheap), so I am committed. I. Am. Terrified. But, it's going to happen so, wish me luck!
 
 

3 comments:

The Harrison's said...

I love reading about your little family! Tanner is such a chunk! You and Spencer make the cutest little boys!

Girl I admire you for training for the marathon! Way to go! I hope I have that motivation after my baby gets here!

Me said...

Your boys are SO cute!!! We sure miss you guys! And I can't believe you are going to run a half marathon, you are crazy lady :) But I'm excited for you cuz it is something I couldn't do...at least not right now! Miss you guys!

Amanda Bolton said...

Your kids are adorable Kelli! I love Tanners chubby cheeks. So cute! Good luck on the half marathon training. I want to do one so bad I just don't know if I am motivated since i don't have a treadmill and it's dang cold to take a baby outside haha.