Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sharing The Excitement...

As you know, we are expecting baby boy #2 in November. With baby boy #1 we were to move into my in-laws' basement a week after he was born. Therefore, I didn't really have a nursery to plan and decorate all cutsey and schtuff. I did know I wanted some deer and elk incorporated into the theme, and I did make him a blanket {it was only my 3rd sewing project... yeesh}, but that was it. Anyway, this time around, I have a room I can plan with for a bedroom/nursery! So I'm changing it up a little bit. Besides, most of the stuff I used for Gav's room once we moved here was mostly stuff that Spencer had in his room as a growing teenager. So, it wasn't really little-boy like. Anyway, I'm still keeping that deer/elk/outdoor theme a little bit, but adding more "zing and pep" {name that show}. It probably still won't be anything spectacular, but nonetheless I am excited. I have already bought a new bedding set for the baby's crib, and a matching toddler set to go with it. Yay! They are so cute. I got them for a good deal too. Gav will still be sleeping in the crib for a bit, but he'll be moved over to his big boy bed eventually... {Not for a while though}
Remember how I was so excited I finished my digital scrapbook for the years that Spencer and I were together without our kiddos? Well, while it's great and pretty cute, it was still a lot of work. I started working on one for the recent months, and it's just too time consuming to keep up with. Thus, I did some research, and found an easier, but not as cute way, to do it. I can basically upload my blog posts, and this company compiles it into a book for me. Yep. Boring-no embellishments or pretty colored pages, but the important things will be there. I just want my kids to be able to look through these books and get a good laugh or two at the stories or pictures. I don't need them {and I bet they would agree} to look through the pages and look at all of the pretty embellishments on the pages that mean absolutely nothing. So, I'm just going to print my blog off at the end of the year. :)

The website I found to print off my blog is: blog2print.sharedbook.com

Another {most} exciting recent event is.... Wait for it..... Spencer could possibly already have a job as a pharmacist for when he graduates! Now, I can't go into details, because there are still some unanswered questions. Regardless though, that is pretty amazing he has been offered this just out of his first year of pharmacy school. Especially because pharmacy jobs in Utah are low right now. He's so great and works so hard!!! Gavin, baby2, and I are so blessed he is ours.

Ps- Let us all pray frequently and sincerely for some rain! Bless those families {citizens and fire fighters alike} who have been affected by all of these crazy fires. <3

1 comment:

Taylor and Tawni said...

Hey I looked into printing my blog as well (back from the years I was really good at blogging) and noticed blog2print has deals on groupon once in a while, and I also get some emails from blog2print with a 20% off deal. So I am going to wait til I get one of those deals to print it. Just thought I'd share, everyone loves a coupon! :)