Spencer is doing a rotation {aka internship} for school at a Pharmacy in Saratoga Springs. He learned very quickly that the Pharmacist there is a great guy. This guy and his family go to Pony Express days {Eagle Mountain} every year, and every year they go to the concert that is put on. The Pharmacist had offered Spencer tickets to the concert. Who was going to be in concert? Chris Cagle! Spencer, knowing I would love that, accepted the offer graciously. The Pharmacist said they would save us a seat. {Side note: If you don't know Chris Cagle, you don't listen to country, and I feel sorry for you ;)}
When we arrived at the concert, there were SO many people. I also ran into my good friend Adrie and her family, so that was fun. When we got in touch with the Pharmacist, we were able to find him and his family. The place was packed btw. The P {aka the Pharmacist. I'm getting sick of typing it out} and his family had a perfect spot, and saved us some space too. They were all very nice and friendly. It was very comfortable to be around them.
When Chris had finally come out, the music was louder than the opening singer, and the crowd was definitely a lot louder too. Well, Gavin was not too thrilled about that. He cried, and cried, and cried. Tears were just streaming down his cute cheeks. We did our best to calm him down, and reassure him. It took a couple of songs to get him calmed down, but he did eventually. Not long after that, he fell asleep! First it was too loud for him, and then he fell asleep? Weird one, that boy. I said to Spencer, "I hope he's not sleeping because he went deaf!" haha. He's not deaf btw.
Chris Cagle is one awesome guy. During like his second song or something, he started yelling, "Stop! Stop! Turn off the music! We need police and security here in front right now!" There was someone in the crowd that was standing in front of the stage that was starting a fight or a ruckus or something. After the loser was taken hold by the Police, Chris said something like, "Get him out of here. There are too many people here wanting a good time, I don't want him here." So the loser was taken out. Chris then said, "There are men and women from across the country fighting for our freedom, the last thing we need to do is fight amongst ourselves." Well said right? Among the crowd that was in front of the stage, a little boy was on his dad's shoulders, and the fight had scared him. Chris invited him and his sister to sit on stage while they performed.
Chris Cagle had at least two moments during the concert where he had to take a couple of minutes to thank us {the crowd}. He said that he and his band have waited what seemed like a long time to perform for a group that really appreciated them as artists and performers. He got emotional too. He cried , and couldn't speak for a little bit. He told us over and over how humbled he was because of us. It had been the biggest crowd for Pony Express days, and Chris was humbled again that they were the headliner, and not the opening performers.
In other words, I gained a lot of respect for him that night! I have been to several country concerts, and compared to Chris, they are all WAY more into themselves, and are there for themselves, not the fans. I think it's safe to say he's a good guy haha. Also, he sounds exactly the same live as he does on the radio. Pretty amazing.
We also got to hear his new single that hasn't even come out yet. And it was great!
After the concert, there were fireworks. Gavin was awake for that, and just loved it! He laid back on Spencer's chest, and just watched the sky light up. He, like most babies, loves anything that will light up. I'd say the fireworks were a hit for him, and we'll be doing more of that this summer :)
1 comment:
That looks like so much fun! I'm glad that you guys had a great time! You look amazing like always :)
Post a Comment