What a chubby 5 month old I have. :)
Some of his new favorite things:
-If he had a choice between a cell phone or a rattle, he would choose the cell phone. I thought he was too young to already prefer those things.
-You know that noise that boys make when they are mimicking a motor of some sort? Their little lips vibrate together right? Well, Gavin does that A LOT. I don't think it's to sound like a motor though.
-He is starting to babble a lot more instead of squealing.
-He can spot his dad anywhere, and when he does, he just stares. It's like he thinks he's his hero or something. It's so cute.
-His clothes still fit about the way they did last month.
-He takes 3 naps a day, each about 45 min - 1 hour. Sometimes we get lucky, and he sleeps for two hours.
-He still gets up at least once to eat at night, sometimes twice. Sometimes he will wake up, and if I go in to soothe him he'll go back asleep. I don't feel like he's a horrible sleeper, but from what I've heard about other babies, he's not an awesome sleeper either. Probably just average. And we are okay with that. :)
-If he is being held, somehow he will figure out how to look at everything upside down. He does that a lot too. Odd child.
-We watched a baby einstein video on youtube the other day, it was about 15 min long, he did not look away from the screen once! He loved it haha. Me-not so much.
-He's starting to play alone better. In fact, sometimes he seems restless until I let him down so he can play alone. Growing up so fast *sniff*
-He is also starting to like me to read to him. He will sit and listen, and look at the pictures for a moment, then he wants to get involved and grab the pages himself. :)
My good friend Adrie has a baby boy who is 3 months older than Gavin. We have gotten together with our boys a few times, and they seem intrigued with each other. This last time we got together (about a week ago), Gavin was ecstatic to have a friend around! He just stared at Clancy (Adrie's baby) with smiles and giggles the whole time. Anytime Clancy would reach for Gavin, Gav would just explode with excitement. It was like he was so happy someone was around who he could relate with. It was so dang funny.
I can't believe he has been here for 5 months. When they say it goes fast, they are telling the truth. It is sad, fun, and scary all at once. I sure love my Gavin!

1 comment:
So cute, but so sad at the same time. :(
Post a Comment