Monday, August 8, 2011

Mind Power

I very strongly believe in the power of the mind.

I once heard a story about a little boy who had leukemia. (i think)
The little boy decided to have his own army to battle the sickness.
He would imagine his army going throughout his body fighting the sick cells.
And guess what.
He was cured. (okay, I am not sure if my facts are entirely correct, but I'm sure they are close)
Another boy had unbelieveable rage issues.
7 years old.
He tried to kill his mom, and threatened his parents numerous times.
Said very hateful/hurtful words to them.
Here comes the good part.
He started meeting with a psychiatrist (?), and they found a way to control those behaviors.
How?
His mind.
Now at 10 yers old.
HE is in control of the illness, not the illness in control of him.
He makes the decision to block out the negative and feel the positive.
He said that he feels a light within himself now.
He wants everyone to feel that light that he feels.
A love light.
The positive is the light, and when the negative tries to intereferes, he fights it off with the positive.

I tend to be a negative thinker.
I immediately think about the negative about every
situation before thinking about the positive.
I used to be a lot worse.
Believe it or not.
One positive thing about my thinking is that if I don't like something about myself,
I do my best to change it.
Not always is it a quick fix.
In fact, it never is.

I want to be a positive thinker.
A positive person..
I have made strides in the past few years.
The strides took me some time.
But, I made them.
That's what counts.
And I'll continue to make them.
If I am feeling stressed about a situation.
Like moving into a smaller apartment.
I can think,
Well, great.
Less storage space.
Less space for visitors.
Less space for the baby.
Or I can think
We'll be saving A TON of money.
We'll be so close to family.
It is our little temporary home that our little family will always gather at.

And ya know what?
I would bet that as long as I'm thinking about the positives,
my experience in that little apartment will be a happy one.
And probably I'll be happier, which will make my little family happier.

Moral of the story is.
You can make life out what you want it to be.
I know someone who is constantly making their life harder than it needs to be.
Constantly thinking negatively to an extreme.
If they could turn that negativity around to positiveness to the same amount of extreme,
I know they would be successful and happy in their life.
They would love more and hate less.

And actually, it takes more energy to be negative than it does to be positive.
Yeah?
Yes!
So, here is to positive thinking!



1 comment:

Chelsie Jensen said...

I know you have improved with your positive thinking in the few years we have known each other. Props to you girl. At least you have a roof over your head and your family by your side. It truly is the only thing that matters. And just think you won't be there forever right? Luvs