Phew! I really need to get this out there! Spencer got into pharmacy school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW. Isn't that great? It is. It really, really is.
Let me just give you a little bit of a background of how great this news is:
When Spencer first got the call from the University to schedule an interview, we were STOKED! Like pretty much counting on him getting into the program. There almost wasn't a doubt in my mind. The reason I felt so good about it, is because they got his application on a Friday, and called him on Monday for the interview. Which told me, he's pretty impressive! So then it was just a matter of waiting for his interview to come which was about two months away at the time. I still had felt confident that he'd do well in his interview, they'd love him, and then he'd get an acceptance call... Interview day came. His interview was one of the last ones of the day. They pulled him in there, asked him questions about leadership, and various other topics. He called me after the interview was done to tell me about it. He did not really feel good about his interview. He felt he could have answered some questions better, and that the interview was much shorter than what he was expecting.
SO then we both started to think, "well why was the interview so short?" And of course Spencer is just kicking himself for some of his responses and how he could have made them better and what not. We talk about it all the time after the interview, and come to the conclusion, that we'll probably have to get him applying to a bunch more schools this summer, and for him to retake the PCAT (test that's required for most pharmacy programs), blah, blah, blah. Ugh it was such an awful thought to me. 1. Because that means that we're basically going to have to wait one more year to be making a great salary (not to sound worldly or whatever, but who wouldn't be disappointed) and 2. We were going to have this baby down here, by ourselves, with no family (we have some great friends down here though!), and our family would like not even know our kid. I just did not like the thought of having to be down here with nobody to go see, and missing out on family gatherings along with our baby missing out on those things too. It's not that I can't function without my family, but I love all of them (in-laws too!) and who doesn't want to be around the people they love? So anyway, I think Spencer and I both were pretty much planning on staying in So. Utah for another year. He started planning on drawing out for his elk tag this fall, and going to school here. I started planning on working part-time at Kolob, and tried (TRIED!) to be okay with the thought that my child, and our families will not be seeing each other as much as I would like. Plus, I wouldn't be seeing my family, and friends up there as much as I would like. The only positive thing I could see about us staying down here is that we can hang out with the Nielson's (love you and your fam Steph!) more, and we've already got jobs, and what not...
K? Got how our mind sets have been for the past 2 (almost 3!) months? Like not planning on anything but staying down here. That's it. Not even playing with the thought of moving up north. AT ALL. Seriously.
I have told so many people how badly I wish we'd be up north for the next 3 years at least. I cried to my mom over the phone about it, and she tried to convince me that we could still do it, even if he didn't get into school. She totally understood where I was coming from. Plus, I think she wants to see me more ;) I mean, I cried one too many times about not moving up north. A cry that had no hope of my dreams coming true! Haha.
So imagine, as I'm at work I get a text from Spencer, "Good news for you." At first, it sounds like he's meaning good news that only applies to me. Then I reply, "What's that?" "I need to really talk to you in person" Anyway, I ended up calling him, and at this point I was all sorts of sweaty! He told me the grandly awesome news, and I could not contain myself!! Seriously, I'm at work, and just like screaming and giggling, and walking very quickly around the room (I went and hid in a room while I called him)!
I don't think I need to explain why this is such great news!!!! Seriously. We're so happy. But still unfamiliar with the fact that we will be moving this summer!! It feels so unreal to both of us. I mean, GRADUATE SCHOOL! WOW. So much we have to look forward to!
Oh, and in case you didn't catch it, he totally said "Yes" to the acceptance call. Or in other words, YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha ha ha yay!! I love you and I CAN'T WAIT to see more of you and your cute family!
Yay!!! Which school did he get into?
Post a Comment