I have been quite excited for school, believe it or not. Which is good right? I have been working on my mind-set for this semester for quite sometime now. I kept thinking, "it's not going to be easy, lots of adjustments, if you want awesome grades you gotta put A LOT of effort into it..." Well, today was my first day back. I have taken 1 and 1/2 years off of school. My last semester at Snow was a nightmare. Mostly because of my math class. I worked my butt OFF for that freaking class, and still got a D. BUT, it was the first time the teacher had taught math in like 10 years, and she had no idea what she was doing. The average in the class was a flipping D!! So, I practically blame that stupid teacher for ruining it for me haha. I really think I did need a break from school though. It helped me decide what I want to go to school for, and it helped me WANT to do REALLY well in school. I didn't have that kind of motivation before, so I'm glad it's there now.
Yesterday, I recieved an email from my Anatomy teacher. Talking a little bit about what to expect this week in class, and what to expect at each of her lectures and labs. I was quite scared after reading that. She wanted us to print out these outlines before class on Tuesday. Well the outline is like 73 slides long! Yeah. It's going to be great.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I will work and then I have a class right after work. So that was today. Nutrition class. I'm really looking forward to this class. I think I will learn some good things, and actually enjoy it. I also like the teacher so far. She seems really down to earth, and pays attention to students and their lives.
I made it to class, and sat in the second row. Yes, I want to be one of those that sit close up. :) So, then two other students eventually sat next to me. No big deal. Didn't really bother introducing myself or anything. The teacher gets talking and then asks, "Who in here is married?" Me, and like 2 other people raise our hands. The kid next to me turns and says, "You're married? But, you're way too young." WHOA, buddy. Excuse me? Do you even know my name? Have you even looked at me for more than a second? I said, "I'm 21" Then he says, "How long have you been married?" Haha, okay so I got married at 19, but that doesn't mean you knew that before I said so! I mean really, those people out there who think, "She got married WAY too young." Do NOT know anything about me, my husband, our story, our feelings, our experiences, so they can just shut the HELLO UP! Sorry, but it bugs me so bad when people say stuff like that. They don't know me at all, and what gives them the right to voice their opinion about my life? Besides, that type of thinking are people that usually like to party way too much, and who are pretty immature. It shouldn't bother me, but it does.
Maybe, being pregnant makes me even more prone to being offended. I am one who tends to get offended easily (Believe me though, I have made some great strides since being married to my awesome guy), and lately it seems like everything just gets under my skin. Oh well. Life goes on.
So, about the pregnancy. :) Everything seems fine. No more "scares", and hardly any symptoms. There are times when I'm hungry, that I feel like I might pass out, and there are times that I feel like my blood sugar has dropped waaay low (when I'm hungry). I have also noticed that when I eat something, almost immediately after, my stomach feels empty again, and I'm HUNGRY! Haha. All of the time. Also, I love peanut m & ms. We bought this huge bag from costco about a month ago, and my husband has eaten like the whole thing. I just can't eat them. It's so weird. They do not sound good to me at all. Neither do SunChips, and those are my favorite!!! Anyway, I feel pretty great. I feel guilty sometimes, because I know a lot of people who have had quite opposite experiences. The only thing, is that a lack of symptoms, brings on the worry. Of course. But, I feel pretty great. I go in next week for the first appt. Yay!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i'm excited for you starting school!!
that cracks me up that the kid said that, you should of said, yep i sure am married, young, and prego, what do you think of that?! ha ha ha
i'm glad your not sick! i pray that i am not super sick when i get to have my first baby!!!
Good for you Kell!! I'm excited for you. You're going to do great :) If you ever want me to edit any papers for you, I'd love to! Doesn't sound like you'll have many papers with the kinds of classes you're taking, though. Why did I go into humanities??
Ugh, that bugs me, too. Plus I LOOK way younger than I am, so it makes it even worse.
Love reading about your pregnancy :) I'm so glad everything's going well. I'm SO incredibly happy for you!
Hello Gledhills! Hope you don't mind me reading your blog every now and then. I loved reading about your pregnancy. Before I was pregnant I so bugged when people would blog about their pregnancy and their sickness or sympotoms, but now I just LOVE readin' about it! Glad you are feeling well and taking the pregnancy in stride! I admire you for taking on a new semester plus a pregnancy all at the same time. Way to go! Take care!
Post a Comment