Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New Callings

Last week we got a call from a member in the ward (I don't remember his name). He told us that the bishop would like to meet with us Sunday morning before church. We figured it was to just get to know us, because we didn't think our records had gotten there yet. Well, we actually met with a member of the bishopric and he told us that we have been called as F.H.E group leaders, and activity committee assistants (or something like unto it). We're both actually really excited about our new callings. It will give us a chance to get to know a lot of people in the ward, and to make more friends. For our F.H.E. calling, we meet with our group once a month. I'm excited to get to know the people in our group. Each time we meet, Spencer and I will teach the lesson. I'm nervous about that, but it helps that I'm not teaching it by myself. As far as the activities go, we have our first one this Saturday. We're going fishing as a ward at a resevoir nearby, because it's free fishing day. We're excited, and hope that a lot of people will be able to come. We really have loved our ward down here, and I've already been given my visiting teaching assignment which didn't happen for months in our last ward. This ward has that "family ward" attitude, and I love it. It's also a smaller ward, which is nice because it gives us a chance to have more one-on-one time with the members. I still haven't found a job, and it gets frustrating at time, because I feel like I've put in a lot of effort into finding a job. I'm not worried about us though, because the Lord has taken good care of us thus far. I just hope it's not much longer until I do find a job.

5 comments:

Chelsie Jensen said...

That's awesome. You guys will do great at those callings. I'll keep you in my prayers for finding a job. One will come up. love ya

Robison's said...

That is so cool Kell! You guys will do great! That was our first calling when we got married too! It is super fun! You guys sound to be doing really good! Keep the lord in your life and marriage always! I hope you get a job soon! :) Love ya sis!

Whitney said...

I seriously chuckled to myself when then said that they gave you 2 callings. Haha. I knew it would happen quickly. It was probably Dave Smailes that called you. He calls everyone and schedules appointments with the bishop. I'm glad you've liked our ward so far. We really love it. :) Its even better now that you guys are in it! ;)

Amy said...

Those are good callings for you to get to know people. How fun! Good luck in finding a job. I know how stressful and frustrating it can be. Love ya and miss you!

Leslie said...

Good luck on the job hunting, it can be so frustrating. Let us know if you need anything.