Wow. It has been almost 2 full years since my last post... I had just been catching up on some of my friend's blogs, and then looked back at some of my posts, and I miss blogging! So this is me trying to get back into it.. We'll see how long it lasts haha!
I don't think I'd ever have enough time to recap what has happened in the last 2 years, and chances are, you already know via other social media. So I'll just kinda start where we are now.
Life is good. We love, love, love our home. We love our new ward, we love Nephi. We definitely have challenges just like anyone, but life is good.
These are some pictures I took of the kids playing in the $8 pool I got at the dollar store. I think Gavin is so over the kiddie pool stuff. Especially since he had swimming lessons.
The happiest face ever. Love this girl.
So this is apparently the only picture I got of Tanner that day.. He must have been interested in something that I didn't think was interesting haha! I sure love these kiddos of mine. And fyi on Tanner, rarely will I get a picture of him with a clean face. He is so messy!
Today, as I read some of my past blog posts, it was so clear just how much I've learned as a mom and person in the last 2 years.. Something I thought was interesting from one of my last posts was what I said about having our third baby..
"It takes a lot to raise a family, and to have 3 kids so little, I know will be hard. It is a lot of pressure, because I want the absolute best for my kids, and to give them the attention they really want and need will probably be impossible a lot of the time. My only hope is that since both of my boys will be in the toddler stage, that they will be good play buddies. Going anywhere will be nearly impossible by myself. Finding a babysitter who can handle three little kids all at once will be nearly impossible. Finding time with my husband without any baby interrupting will be nearly impossible. Having a decently clean house, will be nearly impossible. And to add to that, Spencer's schooling is still keeping him super busy this last year (not quite what we were expecting), so acting as a single parent most days will still be likely for a while after we have the baby. These are just a few of the reasons I feel overwhelmed."
Everything I said is exactly how things are for us. Except, my understanding is obviously greater now that I've actually experienced it. It really has been my greatest challenge (having three kids so close together). But I've learned so much from them, and they will continue to teach me so much. I am seriously the frazzled mom of frazzled moms. It's a struggle! Luckily though, I am learning, my kids are learning, and things are slowly getting easier. I always thought motherhood would come easily to me. And in some ways it has, but in others, I've really had to work hard, and will continue to have to work hard. I can see part of why this challenge was meant for me. I can see things that Heavenly Father wanted me to learn.
Spencer is now a Pharmacist (yay!) and is floating between 4 different pharmacies. He took the job, because when the pharmacist here in Nephi retires, Spencer will take over as manager. We've been hoping that would have happened by now, but it hasn't, and we're not sure when it will. We are anxious for many reasons for him to take over, but mostly because he's still not getting full-time hours, and that is a little frustrating. But we're taken care of, and that's the important thing for now. He is also a lot less stressed now that he's been out of school for a year, and that is a very good thing! He is such a good provider, husband, and dad. We are so lucky!
Gavin is slowly getting out of the tantrum stage. He WHINES a lot. I am really trying to work with him on that. And I'm also learning that he is sensitive. He probably gets that from me. I'm trying not to always tell him to toughen up, and to be more sensitive to his sensitiveness. He is also improving a lot on his speech. I feel like most of the time, he is understandable, and can say what he wants to. I'm also trying to slow down and actually talk with him more, because that would obviously help him. He is getting screened for his speech in the next month, and will start Preschool this fall! I'm so so excited for him! I just know it will do him a world of good! He is such a good little buddy to have around. He loves me so much (I hope that doesn't sound like I'm bragging or something ha), and it warms my heart. He is my little friend. He is usually up for anything fun, and gets all hyped up about it. Love him.
Tanner I think talks really quite well for his age. He just has a very squeaky voice which can be hard to understand at times. He's very rambunctious, and still demanding. But I love his toughness. I love that he is rough and mischevious and loud (although his loudness does get to be a bit much at times). He is his dad's shadow. He used to be a big mama's boy. And now he is definitely a daddy's boy. Except for when dad gets after him for something, then he wants mom. He also doesn't put up with people pushing him around. He will not be bullied! Which is good, but it tends to get him in trouble as he will fight back.. We probably need to work on that a bit more. One thing I hope Tanner never loses is his want to cuddle. He NEVER cuddled as a baby, but as he's gotten older, he is such a cuddler! And he has the sweetest nurturing side to him. He loves babies so much, and takes care of his sister so well! He will get her sippy cup or a toy for her when she's upset, without even being prompted to. He's just so sweet!
Maci is definitely meant for our family. She is just the cutest thing. I love watching her. Everything she does, I think is just the cutest thing I've ever seen. I'm sure part of that is because she is still somewhat innocent, and is still my baby. She is certainly sassy, but she doesn't give me much grief. She thinks she is just as big as her brothers and thinks she can do anything they can. And most of the time, she does! I love getting her dressed, and doing her hair. I love that she snuggles her baby dolls and stuffed animals. I love that she loves to dance with me! She loves to hold my hands and dance.
Well, that was a novel of a post, but maybe that slightly catches up on some more details of our life. Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment