This morning, before Spencer left for work, he came into our bedroom to tell me about the Colorado shooting.
As we all know, it was a terrible and sick thing for a person to do. It makes me wonder what would drive someone to do something so evil? My heart and prayers go out to those affected by this horrible tragedy.
I also couldn't help but put myself in the shoes of those in that theatre. The things they saw, heard, as lives around them were lost, and others scarred. It's terrible. I just can't even imagine. Then the families, and how they must be feeling. It's just a horrific thing, all of it.
It makes me feel so incredibly grateful for the family I have with this amazing man of mine. And also the family I grew up in, and the family I married into. I am not totally sure why, but this tragic event really hit me hard, and I want to do better at loving those in my life, and those around me.
I can't say enough good things about the man I married. He is so good, so loving and kind to everyone. He loves me and Gavin and our baby on the way. I cannot complain. I have so many blessings, and he is a big reason I have all of those blessings.
I feel very sad today in regards to what happened in Aurora. At the same time, I feel so incredibly humbled, and I just had to document how I have been feeling today.
Friday, July 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is exactly how I felt as well....it is so scary and so sad, but it definitely makes you feel blessed for everything you do have. I'm so glad for friends like you as well :)
Post a Comment