Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy 3 years!

It's been 3 years since our wedding day.
So crazy!
I can't believe we've lasted this long...
JK! JK!
Actually, it has gone by so fast, and every year has gone faster than the one before.
The saying is true, that time flies when you're having fun.
I knew we wouldn't have any money to do anything real spectacular for the day, and I knew we wouldn't have any money to buy gifts, and I THOUGHT that since Spencer isn't always the most thoughtful person on the planet, that it would most likely be like any other day, and we'd just go out to dinner that night. (And I refused to be the one to plan something. I guess I'm stubborn..)

Boy was I wrong!
(about Spencer not being the most thoughtful person on the planet part)

I had a pretty awful headache the night before our anniversary, and it continued all through the night.
Spencer passed his test once again with flying colors the Friday before, only missing one question (Anni was on Monday), so Monday he had the day off! When he woke up that morning, he quickly got out of bed, and didn't say anything to me, so I thought for sure he was going to go run. So Gav and myself went back to sleep. Well, Gavin started to get hungry, and my headache was still pounding so I texted Spencer, "Will you please come get him, my head is killing me." Thinking he's probably done running, and is just watching ESPN or something. P.s. I don't like to take pills unless I really have to just because I'd rather things just take their course, and I really was too lazy that morning to get up and get me some. Not two minutes after I sent that text, Spencer walks in with two breakfast trays, and some ibuprofen. The whole time, he was cooking breakfast! Pancakes, bacon, eggs, toast, and apple juice. So yummy I could cry thinking about it.

After breakfast, he and his dad had to return some chairs we had borrowed for the blessing.
When he got back, he came downstairs, got something out of the hallway closet, and ran back upstairs.
He again, didn't say anything to me.
So, I decided to go upstairs.
Welp, he was getting these beauties in a vace for me.
(he got the vace out of the closet)

I may be predictable, or whatever, but I really do love getting flowers.


My mother-in-law is so conveniently living close to us (up the stairs), that she offered to babysit the little tyke.

We went four-wheeling.
Spencer's idea, yes.
And he admits that part of why he came up with the idea is because he hoped we'd see some deer or elk.
Which, I enjoy as well, so it works just fabulously.

The ride was a lot of fun. I felt adventurous even though people do that kind of thing all the time.
It was just great to get out with my hubby in the great outdoors, feel a little chilly, smell and look a little dirty, and do a little riding.  

It is not fair that a guy can roll out of bed, and look as hot as he does.
Me, on the other hand, well I was just sportin' my all naturale look. :)

I think I've made it clear throughout my blogging how much I love my hubby, so I will skip the mushy stuff. :)

Happy Anniversary Spencer!

P.s. I know I use a lot of ( )... I don't know how else to tell my stories. Ha

2 comments:

Abby said...

So cute! Glad you had a fun anniversary :)

Journey of the Davies said...

sounds like you guys had a lot of fun one the special day and you didn't even have to spend a lot of money which makes it even better.