1- I did pretty good last week. 3 hours of working out via Zumba. I know I said I was going to do 4 hours, but I didn't. No excuse. I'm still doing better (not great) with my eating habits. I bought some new groceries to have healthy meals. Today, I worked out for about 45 mins, and will go to 1 hr of Zumba tonight, and then tomorrow morning as well. I plan to work out for about 1 hr and 45 mins each day this week. There ya go! That is my goal.
2- Gavin is smiling SO much now. It is so fun! Practically all I have to do is talk, and he smiles. It's so great. He will also get the "chills" a lot, and it's sooo funny. He coos and squeals all the time. His personality is really starting to show as well. He is a silly boy.
3- Ya know how I mentioned that we're living in Spencer's parent's basement? And ya know how we weren't sure if we should look for another apt, or stay here until the super affordable apt is available? Well we've finally figured it out. First, I want to mention how my emotions were during my first year of college. CONFUSING okay? One minute I felt one way about one guy, and the next minute, I felt completely different. That is what this whole living situation reminds me of. One minute, living in here for four or so more months seems like it's probably what's best. I wouldn't have to work, we really like the ward, yaddy yadda. The next minute I'm thinking in some ways, it would be easier to just have our own apt. Spencer wouldn't be driving so much, we'd have our own space, using our own furniture, feeling like we're independent yaddy yadda. If we were to get an apt, I'd have to work. I've had a few job offers, and everytime I find out more about the job, or as soon as I'm offered the job, I back out. Or as soon as I find an apt that would work for us, I can never commit. It's been frustrating, because I've known that I want us to have our own apt, feel as independent as we possibly can, and use our own stuff. But I just can't come to terms with the fact that if I got a job I would have to spend a significant amount of time away from Gavin everyday. What I'm getting to, is I already have a job! I'm a stay at home wife and mother! Good grief Kelli! So many mothers wish they had the opportunity to stay home, and here I am looking for another job that would take me away from my full-time job that I love so incredibly much. Yesterday, this realization just HIT me. I know that it had crossed my mind or whatever, but never did I fully comprehend it like I did yesterday. Living here, having no money isn't going to last forever. Just a few months (at least the "living here" part. The "having no money" will last for at least a few more years). I can do it. I want to do it, because I'll be able to be the one to raise my child. I'm so blessed, and I know Heavenly Father wanted me to realize that yesterday.
If I haven't made myself clear: We are staying here til around March. It's an ideal situation, because I'll be able to actively fulfill my calling in life. I have always known that being a mother and wife is all that I've wanted to do. When the apt up north becomes available, our rent (utilities included) will be close to the same amount we're spending a month on gas currently. Which is close to half of what most apartments cost. Grantid, the apt is only a one bedroom, but is still significantly cheaper than most one bedroom apts. So I wouldn't have to work up there either. Again, still ideal as far as priorities go...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel like I comment on all of your posts but oh well...
First off congrats on goals and being healthier!
Second, way to stick with your gut and doing what you want to do! Being a mom sounds so much more fun than working! I admire you for doing what you want to do!
Do you like Zumba? I've heard it is way fun & a good work out. Good for you for being healthy. I definitely need to take this challenge on as well. I'm glad that things are working out for you guys and that you are staying positive. When I was reading about *your other guy* it made me miss college and you being my roomie. I still can't believe that was 4 years ago. Its amazing how fast time flies by. If you ever need to talk you know where I am :)
Post a Comment